Portland Japanese Garden

Discussion in 'Nature' started by tdekany, Jul 1, 2012.

1. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    • Like Like x 13
  2. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Very nice shots, I feel peaceful just looking at these. :)
  3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
  4. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Strange day in Portland yesterday. Muggy as heck. Overcast and hot all day.

We went down to the Jamison Square fountain/pool and had the place mostly to ourselves on a Saturday afternoon, normally it would be crowded. The weather was surprisingly pleasant without the direct sunlight, warm water, kinda nice day. Unusual.

Looks like the Japanese Garden was abandoned too. I bet you had a great time.

Attached Files:

5. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Nice images, Thomas. Your G3 shines with these.

Too bad we have such a tough time getting things to grow around here. :wink: :rofl:
  6. JimmyK

JimmyK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    James Knodell
    Lovely images. Looks like you must be a member too. Early entrance is one of the best privileges of membership. Thanks for reminding me….I need to get back up there!
  7. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    just beautiful...
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I love these, very peaceful.:smile:
  9. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Well Composed and Presented Images

The Japanese with their gardens illicit a profound incite for mankind. They call up an otherworldly awareness of what life 'could' be like if we might somehow ... somehow be other than what we are. The gardens of course can only be supported by those of extraordinary wealth or by public funds. How I wish that everyone in life could wish to be surrounded by such tranquility. Perhaps in the next world. :confused:
  10. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Wow! Thanks everyone for all the responses.

I took these pictures (all 100 of them ) on April 28th of this year, I just haven't taken the time to post them. All 100 were keepers for me :D I don't think you can take a bad picture in that garden, it is so pretty.

Not a member either, I just waited for the right moment when no one was around. This was actually a Saturday and we normally never go to touristy places so that we can avoid the masses, but somehow we ended up there that day.

This is another great thing about Portland. There is just so many things to see and places to go to, that what Oregonians call crowded is really empty by east coast standards.

Thanks again everyone!