1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Poor man's Tevidon - adapting Polish projector lens: LUCAR 5 cm 1:1.6

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Pawel D., Feb 2, 2014.

1. Pawel D.

Pawel D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Białystok, Poland
    Fellows!
    First of all - great thanks to @nhfoley, who shared his D-mount adapter for MFT cameras. Thank you so much! MFT flange was the basic issue I had.

So... I had this Polish lens for 16 or S-16 projector for a few years. I was wondering if it could be usable. Then I took some freelensing samples and it turned out - yes!
    The problem was adapting it and the solution was a 3D printer that I got access to about a week ago. The adapter was my first print. Not even first serious, but first ever :) It went fine.

Why poor man's Tevidon?
    It's a really sharp lens, no flares or ghosts in the pictures and great swirly edge bokeh. Something I really love and what I was craving for. I even wanted to buy 50 mm Tevidon, but it turned out too expensive. Now I have my Lucar :)

#1 Camera with Lucar and 3D-printed adapter.
    _2029162.JPG

_1130096.JPG

#3 Swirly bokeh - best visible on rich background
    _1130058.JPG

#4 Portrait
    _1130120.JPG

#5 Macro (ca. 20 cm from object)
    _1130105.JPG

I you'd like to download adapter STL file or check out more samples and description, please visit my blog:

http://lenscraze.blogspot.com/2014/02/zk-lucar-50-mm-116-projector-lens.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Wow, looks fun. And great job on the adapter! What is the appx aperture and FL of the set up? Do you have to crop?

I love the first photo. The blurriness leads me to believe it's either a low f-stop or else only sharp in the middle?

3. Pawel D.

Pawel D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Białystok, Poland
    Adapter allows to focus beyond infinity, but inf. FL was something close to 19 mm (I don't remember exactly).
    There was no cropping. These samples are photos from full MFT sensor, just downsized.

I believed the fact the lens has a mark of f1.6, but didn't check it with other "normal lenses" I have. I'll do that soon, but for now I can tell I got really fast shutter.