Poll

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Herman, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi, how to create a thread with a poll? I gave it a try, but did not succeed.
    Thanks for help & advice.:thumbup:

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Herman,
    On the posting options, go to advanced. You will see the poll option. It will explain itself there.
    Don

• Like Like x 4
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Don, I tried without success. So I'm looking forward to advice and help. Thanks in advance.
    (starting a new thread I don't see going advanced)

4. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Hi Herman, I have tried this too. For new thread it automatically goes into advanced, but when ticking the poll box and submit, and then filling in the boxes - it then just gives a list - not a poll. Has anybody ever managed to do one ?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Righto Amin, is there a simple way to embed a youtube video on the forum. I've looked at a few howto videos on (youtube) to find how to do it in a V bulletin but to no avail. I've fluked it once and now i've tried and tried but it beat me. Surely it isn't that hard, but for the life of me I can't figure it.

Thanks

icon

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi icon,

just click on the <Embed> button beneath the youtube video, copy and paste the code from youtube into your post here, and remove the leading 'object width="480" height="385"' code with angled brackets, and end '/object' in angled brackets.

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FatHLHG2uGY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FatHLHG2uGY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

Hope that helps

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 6
  8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Another way is to copy just the code including and between the
    PHP:
    <embed>
    and
    PHP:
    </embed>
    tags.

• Like Like x 6
  9. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Well, it's a mystery Amin. Because I did exactly those steps this morning - and no poll. I just tried again and it's worked !

Aside from that, the Jing application is great, not come across that before.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi everyone, thanks, I just managed to create a test poll !
    Will post a new poll soon.

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Thanks Amin and Brian. I think i'm having trouble just like Herman, cause I cant' get it to work yet!! Maybe Safari is go phsyco on me.