1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Poll

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Herman, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi, how to create a thread with a poll? I gave it a try, but did not succeed.
    Thanks for help & advice.:thumbup:

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Herman,
    On the posting options, go to advanced. You will see the poll option. It will explain itself there.
    Don

• Like Like x 2
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Don, I tried without success. So I'm looking forward to advice and help. Thanks in advance.
    (starting a new thread I don't see going advanced)

4. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Hi Herman, I have tried this too. For new thread it automatically goes into advanced, but when ticking the poll box and submit, and then filling in the boxes - it then just gives a list - not a poll. Has anybody ever managed to do one ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Righto Amin, is there a simple way to embed a youtube video on the forum. I've looked at a few howto videos on (youtube) to find how to do it in a V bulletin but to no avail. I've fluked it once and now i've tried and tried but it beat me. Surely it isn't that hard, but for the life of me I can't figure it.

Thanks

icon

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi icon,

just click on the <Embed> button beneath the youtube video, copy and paste the code from youtube into your post here, and remove the leading 'object width="480" height="385"' code with angled brackets, and end '/object' in angled brackets.

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FatHLHG2uGY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FatHLHG2uGY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

Hope that helps

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 3
  8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Another way is to copy just the code including and between the
    PHP:
    <embed>
    and
    PHP:
    </embed>
    tags.

• Like Like x 3
  9. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Well, it's a mystery Amin. Because I did exactly those steps this morning - and no poll. I just tried again and it's worked !

Aside from that, the Jing application is great, not come across that before.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi everyone, thanks, I just managed to create a test poll !
    Will post a new poll soon.

11. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks Amin and Brian. I think i'm having trouble just like Herman, cause I cant' get it to work yet!! Maybe Safari is go phsyco on me.