Poll: Will you buy the EP5

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by WT21, May 1, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    You had to know it was coming :)

Now that the EP5 rumors are out (edited -- thanks Duke), will you be buying it?

Dangnabit! Can I edit the poll? I meant to put in "I'm going to buy a cheap OMD once the EP3 drives the price down" :(

***Use #4 for "I'm going to get a cheap-o OMD"***

and I hope you realize the last option is for humor...
  2. duke

duke Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Tulsa, moving to Houston
    I'm really liking the look of the camera but really like to have integrated viewfinders in my cameras so I think I'll pass ;)
  3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
  4. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Jan (John) Kusters
    I voted no because I am quite happy with my E-M5. Had they both been available at the time when I bought my E-M5, it would have been hard to choose...
    If the new Pen used the same batteries as the E-M5, it might become my second body in a year or two. But for all those Pen owners out here I hope it stays with the pen batteries.
  5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    How long until someone posts the "What do you want to see in the E-P6" thread/poll?
  6. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    I would love to pick one up, and probably will, but I'm firmly in the camp who has never and will never pay MSRP for any Micro Four Thirds gear given how quickly they depreciate.
  7. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Well we don't know the actual specs yet, and no-one's reviewed it, so this is a little premature. I'll be waiting to see what a prospective E-M6 / GX2 has in store regardless though.
  8. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    I'm right there with you - although Oly's top-end :43: models tend to decline in price more slowly than others. The OM-D is only beginning to drop now and the E-P3 stayed pretty high for a long time.
  9. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    This is true! I'm still willing to wait though, at this rate if one my current Olys wears out before the E-P5 drops to a price point that is a no brainer, I will probably pick up an E-P3 or OMD to replace it.
  10. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    Madison, WI
    The specs sound good, and I already have the VF-2, so I'll be tempted to upgrade my E-P3 to either this or a used OM-D someday. But probably not until next winter at the earliest.
  11. Anthon

Anthon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    I prefer the OM-D, the only thing I like from the E-P5 is focus peaking. I hope someone will hack the OM-D firmware to add that function.
  12. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The 1/8000th shutter speed is a game changer. I may pick one up and just use my old VF-2 (if it's compatible). Though I won't buy it right away and will probably wait 6 months to a year to get it at a reduced price.
  13. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    Maybe next year when I plan to upgrade my bodies.
  14. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    No, I prefer the inbuilt EVF of my OMD on my main body and for a second body I prefer a smaller body than the Pen EPx series.
  15. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    The OM-D and the E-PM2 make a great pair.
  16. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    +1 :biggrin:

Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!
  17. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

With the available info I plan on buying one but there is NO option in the poll for me and my opinion. I will buy if the body is priced at $800 or less{$1000 for a PEN body is ridiculous!}. If it only comes in a kit I would be willing to go up another $100. I do not want the 17mm unless it is dirt cheap! Now if they throw the 12mm into a kit that would be a different story.
  18. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    Might like to or maybe the E-PL6 that was rumored as well. Only problem is what I will have to sell to get it.
  19. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    I'm so in love with the OM-D that my preference for another m4/3 body would be another E-M5 -- maybe chrome this time. That way I'd have a chrome and black digital OM, just like I did (and do) with the film versions.
  20. Wizard Steve

Wizard Steve Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
    If I hadn't just bought an OM-D, I'd be buying this. While I could trade up (if up is the right word), that wouldn't be a very sensible choice and right now I need to be sensible with my finances. The fact that I already have the O17/1.8 is also an issue.

So while there's a slim chance of me trading my OM-D E-M5 and HLD-6 for an E-P5 body and VF-4, it's unlikely. I do love the looks of the E-P5 though and the specs look good.