1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Poll: Recent Discussions on the right sidebar

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Please indicate your preferences.

Keep in mind that the Recent Discussions area is collapsible, albeit not in a way that frees up screen real estate.

2. voyager

voyager  

Dec 31, 2009
    Personally I turned it off. Everything is still squished on the left side though.

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm really impressed that the layout works so well, even on the tiny iPhone display. The list on the right panel of changing threads is making it easy to keep up with all the current activity... I'd like a switch to show just the threads in which I've posted though.

Cheers

Brian

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It works well for me, including on the iPhone, but it does look a bit unbalanced. So far, the poll results are pretty evenly split.

I'd like to try another solution that I hope will work pretty well for everyone. There is a new "Active" tab which shows all the active threads. This way, everything is left uncluttered, but the latest active discussions from all forums are a click away.

That's one extra click for Brian and me, but more than half the votes suggest that the "Recent Discussions" aren't wanted on the individual thread pages.

5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    I find it works well but I would expect that it would be less useful if there was a lot more activity in the forums.

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I agree that the format should change as the forum grows. Those extra clicks mount up Amin ;)

Cheers

Brian

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm always open to change!