1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'Polaroid Camera/Phone = Wow!'

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by RT_Panther, Jan 11, 2012.

1. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    If it was actually a phone, I might be interested....

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Not sure why they make it look like a phone. Maybe the youngsters don't know what a camera is.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    This is long, long overdue and an extremely good idea. It's Polaroid, so the execution will be so stunningly poor that the detractors will say things like "Maybe the youngsters don't know what a camera is." But it's a very good direction.

Ergonomics do look quite poor, though. You know what'd really make it competent? If it actually had a freaking phone.

4. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Think iPod Touch with a better camera. Even the Android nerds won't go for it since there is no phone in it.

Another piece of electronics that will be forgotten in a few months. What has happened to you Polaroid? Thank goodness for The Impossible Project.

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I don't think Polaroid is really Polaroid any more. My recollection is that some company bout the rights to the name after the original company went bankrupt.

Yep, from Wikipedia: On October 11, 2001, Polaroid Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Almost all the company's assets (including the "Polaroid" name itself) were sold to a subsidiary of Bank One. They went on to form a new company, which also operates under the name "Polaroid Corporation"

It's not clear which of the companies is responsible for this product.