Polarising filters

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jhob, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jhob

jhob Mu-43 Veteran

I'm looking around for a polarising filter for my 20mm pancake, does anyone have a recommendation? Hoya/kenko don't seem to make one with a PRO1D filter with 46mm thread which is what I would typically use.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    I've been ordering ND's and the like for that lens from Panasonic. I'll check the range out tomorrow.

Bokeh D

3. GaryCh

GaryCh Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    That just reminded me...

In Jessops I recently overheard someone asking for a "200mm Polarizing Filter" ... My jaw dropped... a few of us turned to look. Turns out they'd bought a 200mm lens and had heard that polarizers were 'pretty useful'.

Made me wonder... should I buy a 14mm Filter or a 45mm Filter for my 14-45 ?

*evilgrin*

Back on topic, I know JYC make them, they seem to be readily available but I have no idea as to the quality. I'm sure someone else here will be more helpful.

-Gary

• Like Like x 2
  4. jhob

jhob Mu-43 Veteran

200mm, now that's a filter - you'd have to use two hands to rotate it.. or for it come with handles on the sides!

I've seen those JYC ones on ebay, they look like hoya copies but, like you, I have no idea as to quality.

5. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    There are a few contenders for the 46mm CP crown...I settled on a Marumi DHG CP from the Filter Connection.

I am satisfied with this CP.....no vignetting. There is a B+W for 2.5X as much. My friend has it...we swapped CP's a few months ago, I couldn't tell a difference.

If you have any questions call the owner, John.....very knowledgeable.

6. ismailfaruqi

ismailfaruqi Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    You can't go wrong with Hoya HD series... it is almost indestructible... doubles as protector for the lens... YouTube - Indestructable Hoya HD Filter of course get an ebay 46mm→52mm adapter for $2 ...