Point Reyes National Seashore (Pics & 4K video) with Lumix Cameras

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Point Reyes National Seashore is located on the Pacific Coast of California just north of San Francisco. My original plan was to RECON the area for future visits. The following are pics and video of the National Seashore.

1st pic is of the Golden Gate Bridge. This was shot on a tripod with Lumix G9 and 35-100 f/2.8II. I tried various apertures to get as much starburst possible.

22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (12).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2nd & 3rd pics: After the Gate Bridge, I headed up the coast to Muir Beach Overlook for the twilight and sunrise.
22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (17).jpg

22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (35)_stitch.jpg

From Muir Beach overlook it was on to Point Reyes' Bear Valley Visitor Center. Bear Valley Visitor Center is one of 3 visitor centers at Point Reyes.

These next set of pics was shot outside the Visitor Center
22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (94).jpg

I didn't see any horses at the visitor center. But there were about 8 to 10 Black Tail Deer roaming the area.
22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (98).jpg

22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (106).jpg

I returned an hour later when the visitor center opened. Here's a video tour of the Bear Valley Visitor Center at Point Reyes National Seashore:
Bear Valley Visitor Center

Next, I headed to Tomales Point Tule Elk Reserve, and Pierce Point Ranch for these pics of Tule Elk:
22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (196).jpg

22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (199).jpg

22 Oct Pt Reyes RT (205).jpg

Finally, here's the Point Reyes Project video of the road trip.
Point Reyes

If you have pics or video of Point Reyes and the wildlife there, please post them. Any tips comments suggestions welcomed. Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

Last edited:

ToxicTabasco

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ToxicTabasco
Great shots. Funny how the deer are so focused on you. I guess they were just checking if you had a gun or not.
Thanks. According to the NPS officials at the Visitor Center, There are regular deer, quail and a Bobcat that can be seen outside the visitor center in the morning. The Deer and the elk in the video seem to be accustomed to humans. But, they are still wild and dangerous.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom