1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Point and Shoot, what's in your bag?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Photorx12, May 28, 2011.

1. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I curious to what many of you carry as a point and shoot camera?
    I just recently sold my E-PL1 and decided to wait until the next model comes out. In the meantime I just ordered the Leica D-Lux 5 as my camera for everyday occasions. Just curious to see whats in everybody's Camera bag.

2. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    P&S in a bag? Er... oh! You're a lady, aren't you?

EPen with pancake lens in jacket pocket here :)

3. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    canon s90

4. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    my final choice came down between the S95 and the Leica.

5. lstzephyr

lstzephyr Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2011
    I have an old Pentax optio w20 that is in my pocket most of the time.

6. GwagDesigns

GwagDesigns Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 13, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    David
    GF1 with a pancake in my pocket. :D

7. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    I've got several that I use. It's either a Yashica T4 Super, Olympus XA2 or a Canon Powershot A640 which I'll also do digital infrared pictures.

8. Ricoh CX1

I don't have a pocket big enough to fit my E-P1.

9. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Does an M9 count?

Seriously, as above, I haven't carried or used a compact since I got my EP1. And i carry a camera everywhere, all the time. there's still a couple in the house the kids use though.

Gordon

10. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    LX3 or S90.

11. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    My daily carry is a GF1 and 5 lenses (20/1.7, 45/2.8, 8FE, 45-200, PL14-50 f/2.5) in the bottom half of a Tenba mini-messenger

Isn't that the point of m43?

12. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I would love to use my E-PL2 for everything, but there are occasions where I don't feel like carrying it around as well. That's why I wanted a nice point and shoot camera.

13. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Gf1 and 20mm. The camera goes into a small neoprene case to avoid scratches and tucks neatly into a canvas shoulder bag along with my wallet. You can't tell the camera is there.

14. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    You all have some big pockets...... I try to take the gf1, but it's not very pocketable....I bought my wife a Panasonic TZ (fill in a number) 'cause I need zoom more than quality on a pocket camera. The pics aren't great in bad light, but in good light....all cameras are good. Processing can rescue the rest.

15. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Panasonic ZS3 (sold the LX3 and kept the ZS3). I like the big stabilized zoom, great IQ for a P&S and HD video. It's a great take everywhere camera. I added a Clearviewer to it but it's still very pocketable..

BTW, just because you carry a bag doesn't mean you're a lady. I carry a messenger bag or a backpack (I think they both qualify as bags) and last time I checked I was no lady. :eek:

16. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    GF2+14, I have big pockets... :)

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

17. Aldebaran

Aldebaran New to Mu-43

May 14, 2011
    G10

My point and shot is a canon G10. I love how it moved toguether esposare and aperture. The viewfinder is awfull, thought

18. junk_space

junk_space Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 22, 2010
    Seattle
    LX5 w/ a wrist strap! And it never ceases to impress me.

I agree... while the GF1 is ALWAYS in my man-bag, I wouldn't quite consider it pocketable even with the pancakes.

19. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sometimes the Panny LX3 and sometimes the Panny TZ5... both are what I would consider barely pocketable.

20. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I had an S90 that was pocketable, but sold it in favor of an LX5 that really wasn't - a bit too much lens protruding. Now I also have a Ricoh GRD3 that I haven't left the house without recently. Fits in a front pocket, similar size to the S90. Between the X100 and GRD3, I'm really digging these fixed lens, single focal length cameras. Seems the way they can match the lens to the sensor with no compromises for various focal lengths and different angles of light hitting the sensor really allows for some great IQ relative to similar cameras with more flexibility built in. I'm glad to have the m43 gear and various lenses for those times when I want to shoot long or wide, but more and more often I'm just leaving the house with a single fixed lens camera...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1