PNY 64GB SD card - "Elite Performance" - 50 MB/s write 90 MB/s read - $29.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Mar 16, 2014.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Thats a decent deal.... question is are these PNY cards reliable? Competing Sandisk that writes at 45 MB/s is about $65 so quite the price difference.

3. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    If only we could locate some reviews of these cards ... I have 3 of them and found them to be reliable

4. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Yeah dont see many reviews on the PNY cards. Although I see them everywhere I go in shops and such around here. One thing I have learned over the years that there are a lot of myths about "how product x in the better brand and higher price is much better" but in the case of memory cards/drives/etc. this is in-fact true. It really damn sucks when you opted to buy the cheap memory card and it craps out on you... ask me how I know :(

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I used PYN cards for many years and never ever experienced a problem.

Great price. Wish I need one

After thought: This same card is in my GH2 now. It has amazing write speed. I thought the $39 I paid in December was a great price.

• Like Like x 1
  6. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Been using PNY for a long time. They are very reliable. Have two of these 64Gb - this deal was on offer by Amazon in the Christmas timeframe. One I use for stills, one for video. Thus far no issues after quite a few cycles on both stills and video. .