PNY 64GB SD card - "Elite Performance" - 50 MB/s write 90 MB/s read - $29.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by snaimpally, Mar 16, 2014.

1. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Thats a decent deal.... question is are these PNY cards reliable? Competing Sandisk that writes at 45 MB/s is about $65 so quite the price difference.

3. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    If only we could locate some reviews of these cards ... I have 3 of them and found them to be reliable

4. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Yeah dont see many reviews on the PNY cards. Although I see them everywhere I go in shops and such around here. One thing I have learned over the years that there are a lot of myths about "how product x in the better brand and higher price is much better" but in the case of memory cards/drives/etc. this is in-fact true. It really damn sucks when you opted to buy the cheap memory card and it craps out on you... ask me how I know :(

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I used PYN cards for many years and never ever experienced a problem.

Great price. Wish I need one

After thought: This same card is in my GH2 now. It has amazing write speed. I thought the $39 I paid in December was a great price.

• Like Like x 1
  6. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Been using PNY for a long time. They are very reliable. Have two of these 64Gb - this deal was on offer by Amazon in the Christmas timeframe. One I use for stills, one for video. Thus far no issues after quite a few cycles on both stills and video. .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.