PNY 32GB Elite Performance 90MB/s SDHC Memory Card Bundle - $29.99!

DigitalD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Ah got it. Well I have one and it's not slower then any Card I have. In fact it's fairly snappy. I use it on em1 but I don't do Video.

ThereAndBackAgain

Fighting GAS
Real Name
David
"These high speed SDHC cards feature blazing 90MB/s write speeds and are UHS-1 rated." That's what the ad says, anyway. S
ounds like a good deal, unless you live in England!!

ThereAndBackAgain

Fighting GAS
Real Name
David
"These high speed SDHC cards feature blazing 90MB/s write speeds and are UHS-1 rated." That's what the ad says, anyway. Sounds like a good deal, unless you live in England!!

woof

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Anyone know the write speed?
Ah got it. Well I have one and it's not slower then any Card I have. In fact it's fairly snappy. I use it on em1 but I don't do Video.
See: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-sd-card/

Draw your own conclusions. I have two (2). Neither can handle sustained writes of 100 mbps (peak) video, especially where there is high detail/movement. Nor will either span 100mbps video files where a Sandisk Extreme (95Mb) will. To me this means that the PNY writes are slower (confirmed clearly by the article which benchmarks against the 80Mb Sandisk) and the PNY cannot sustain large writes over an extended (> 10 seconds) period where a lot of data is being thrown at it. They also come with a rather non-industry-standard format on them from the factory, though formatting to SD Association standards did not seem to hurt them... or help them.

At this price, a good bargain card. Not my go-to cards though they handle well everyhing else I have ever done with them, including peak 28mbps 1080p@30fps.

Kind regards,

woof

Top Bottom