1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

PNY 32GB Elite Performance 90MB/s SDHC Memory Card Bundle - $29.99!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by DigitalD, Nov 14, 2014.

1. DigitalD

DigitalD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
  2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Anyone know the write speed?

Barry

3. DigitalD

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    I thought that was what the 90mb/s is?

4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    That's the READ speed.

Write speed is normally slower.

The fact that they don't say probably means it's much slower; 30MB/s or less perhaps.

Barry

5. DigitalD

Jan 10, 2014
    Miami
    David
    Ah got it. Well I have one and it's not slower then any Card I have. In fact it's fairly snappy. I use it on em1 but I don't do Video.

6. ThereAndBackAgain

ThereAndBackAgain Fighting GAS

May 26, 2014
    North Devon, England
    David
    "These high speed SDHC cards feature blazing 90MB/s write speeds and are UHS-1 rated." That's what the ad says, anyway. S
    ounds like a good deal, unless you live in England!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThereAndBackAgain

ThereAndBackAgain Fighting GAS

May 26, 2014
    North Devon, England
    David
    "These high speed SDHC cards feature blazing 90MB/s write speeds and are UHS-1 rated." That's what the ad says, anyway. Sounds like a good deal, unless you live in England!!

8. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Quill.com says this card has a 80MB/s write speed.

PNY also charges $7.50 for shipping.

9. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    LOL. Click on the link and notice it says "90MB/s write speeds" which generally means up to 90MB/s write.

I had posted a deal for the 256GB version of this card (PNY Elite) for $110. I am using that card with the BMPCC, which generates 4k video data, and it has performed flawless so far.
    Its still available for $120: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...178706&cm_re=pny_256gb-_-20-178-706-_-Product

10. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    See: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-sd-card/

Draw your own conclusions. I have two (2). Neither can handle sustained writes of 100 mbps (peak) video, especially where there is high detail/movement. Nor will either span 100mbps video files where a Sandisk Extreme (95Mb) will. To me this means that the PNY writes are slower (confirmed clearly by the article which benchmarks against the 80Mb Sandisk) and the PNY cannot sustain large writes over an extended (> 10 seconds) period where a lot of data is being thrown at it. They also come with a rather non-industry-standard format on them from the factory, though formatting to SD Association standards did not seem to hurt them... or help them.

At this price, a good bargain card. Not my go-to cards though they handle well everyhing else I have ever done with them, including peak 28mbps 1080p@30fps.

Kind regards,

woof

• Like Like x 1