1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PM2 Grip Modification?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tjdean01, Jul 11, 2013.

1. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I know if you have PM2 and any lens over 300 grams you're having trouble holding it. The real solution is to get the PM5 but it's 50g heavier and also a bit thicker. This would make a difference if you're using to using the PM2 as a P&S with the 14 or 20mm on it.

I thought about hooking something up through the tripod mount. Or peeling off the grip and gluing a new on. Or gluing something right over the existing one (I thought such an option would have been available by now. The half wrap leather cases work, but I don't want the whole camera wrapped. No ideas yet?

2. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Check out Richard's grips. He might have something that will fit. I bought a couple grips from him for small cameras and they fit like a glove and looked OEM.

Richard Franiec's Camera Accessories

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    When I had the EPM1 I mostly held the lens, not the camera.

4. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    I bought a flipbac g3 for my e-pl3, quite cheap but feels solidly attached. It's silicon but feels strong enough and made a much better grip on the body while leaving enough space to change lens/place a finger.

I also always have a hand on the lens, particularly if it's a larger lens - it's just comfier and safer to hold there too.

Camera Grips - FLIPBAC INNOVATIONS

5. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    I modified the grip on a Pen PM2 with Sugru (silicone putty)
    Now I can grip that camera much better when the 40-150mm is on

grip mod on PM2.

grip mod on PM2_2.

• Like Like x 2