1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

PM1-strapping little camera

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by twmangrove, Oct 20, 2011.

1. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    No, this is not another first, or second impressions thread on my Oly PM1.
    I'm now in the process of acquiring ad-ons for this little camera, and with the Panny 14mm lens now on order (flip flopping between the 14 and the Oly 17 was difficult, but the Panny had more pros going for it), as well as an LCD protector, I'm considering a wrist strap. I do not like wearing such a tiny camera around my neck. I prefer to stick it back in the bag when not in use. So I'm thinking wrist strap, maybe leather, something simple and without any parts that might scratch.
    Any suggestions?

2. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 2, 2011
    ^ Gordy Leather Lug Mount w/ Leather Buffer

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I used to like Gordy's wrist straps. Until I tried a Luigi. Raises the humble wrist strap to a heavenly level. Expensive, but not much more than Gordy, and you're gonna spend a LOT of time with that sucker on your wrist.

-Ray

4. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Ray... how about a link?

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    There are these neat looking Olympus Premium straps on Amazon for ultra cheap, I've been meaning to try one.

6. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    I'll have to take a look, Promit. Thanks. I'm after a more budget concsious option. After all, it is the PM1.

7. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  8. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i couldnt figure out which wrist strap suited me best... so in the meantime(which is still occuring) i bought a $3 lanyard clippy thingy from REI sporting goods, and cut it short for wrist length. tied a knot in the loose ends. and then looped and snugged it thru the lug thingy

it works
    doesnt scratch
    and is the perfect length
    i added a random 1/4" rubber o ring as an adjuster, and its perfect
    its ghetto, but works exactly how id want a fancy one to work... ive yet to find a fancy one thats not TOO much

9. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
  10. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I received my Gariz neck strap couple days ago for my E-P3. Liked its quality so much that I ordered the same color wrist strap (black leather with red lining) from ebay for my yet-to-purchase E-PL3! It doubles as a finger strap, too (don't know how well that works though)...

11. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    That one has a quick release connection, which actually raises the price several dollars. He makes one with more standard hardware that you don't need to add anything to for a bit less. Here's the direct link - makes all kinds of straps and some nice cases too. The cases are VERY expensive. I'd have thought about one for the X100, but I could practically get another camera....

Leicatime Luigi Crescenzi : leica cameras leica compur mp elmar 250 reporter leicavit

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  12. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    I've been looking at those Gariz straps, they look very nice. No hard parts to rub against the cam. And a finger strap may be just thing to keep my fingers from leaving my side in electronics stores to look at other cameras I DO NOT NEED.

13. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    You NEED the nex7, m9, x100!!!
    Touch themmmmmmmmmm!;D

- Eliot

If I ever put a case on a camera, it'd have to be a luigi
    Looooove that soft worn in look
    I don't get the gariz cases
    They're so stiff looking
    :(