Plitvice - Croatia

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Kiwi Paul, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I went there in May on a photo shoot with Tatra Mountain photography for 3 days. Had a really good time, it's a lovely spot and the trip was well organized.
    I'm pleased enough with the pics I got, I took my GH3 with 7-14, 12-35 and 35-100 lenses. I shot RAW and jpg and I'm very happy with the quality of the jpg's.
    Here's a link to my flickr site of the Plitvice pics, these are all ooc jpg's untouched except for a couple I cropped a bit.

Plitvice

Please have a look and any comments welcome.

Paul

2. muzee

muzee Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2011
    Lovely scenery, lovely pictures.

Personally, I've really taken to long exposure waterfalls/moving water - but that's just me :) ... Great job all round.

3. Kiwi Paul

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Thanks Muzee,

It was a lovely spot for sure.

Paul

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I'm heading there in about a month or so... any tips for photos?

5. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Nice waterfall shots :D Those are stunning :D

6. Kiwi Paul

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Take a tripod and a wide angle lens, there's a fair bit of spray in some places so make sure you have a few lens cloths.
    It will be very busy when your going so I suggest you get there really early to get some shots in before the crowds arrive.

I'm sure you will like it, I had a great time.

Paul

7. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Good advice about getting there early. I have visited Plitvice a few times and it always seems to get especially crowded around lunchtime and afternoon, I think that is when most tour groups visit. The boardwalks that take you close to the waterfalls can be quite narrow and get especially busy, so it's a good time to visit some of the footpaths further from the park entrance, or a bit higher up.

I also found it very peaceful in the evening - but make sure you know how you will get back to base as you might end up with a long walk once the shuttle bus and boats stop running.

Enjoy your visit, it really is a wonderful place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.