Plitvice - Croatia

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Kiwi Paul, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I went there in May on a photo shoot with Tatra Mountain photography for 3 days. Had a really good time, it's a lovely spot and the trip was well organized.
    I'm pleased enough with the pics I got, I took my GH3 with 7-14, 12-35 and 35-100 lenses. I shot RAW and jpg and I'm very happy with the quality of the jpg's.
    Here's a link to my flickr site of the Plitvice pics, these are all ooc jpg's untouched except for a couple I cropped a bit.

Please have a look and any comments welcome.

2. muzee

muzee Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2011
    Lovely scenery, lovely pictures.

Personally, I've really taken to long exposure waterfalls/moving water - but that's just me :) ... Great job all round.
  3. Kiwi Paul

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Thanks Muzee,

It was a lovely spot for sure.

4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    I'm heading there in about a month or so... any tips for photos?
  5. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Nice waterfall shots :D Those are stunning :D
  6. Kiwi Paul

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Take a tripod and a wide angle lens, there's a fair bit of spray in some places so make sure you have a few lens cloths.
    It will be very busy when your going so I suggest you get there really early to get some shots in before the crowds arrive.

I'm sure you will like it, I had a great time.

7. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Good advice about getting there early. I have visited Plitvice a few times and it always seems to get especially crowded around lunchtime and afternoon, I think that is when most tour groups visit. The boardwalks that take you close to the waterfalls can be quite narrow and get especially busy, so it's a good time to visit some of the footpaths further from the park entrance, or a bit higher up.

I also found it very peaceful in the evening - but make sure you know how you will get back to base as you might end up with a long walk once the shuttle bus and boats stop running.

Enjoy your visit, it really is a wonderful place.