Pleased to be here!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Bobrob, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Bobrob

Bobrob Mu-43 Rookie

Hello, from the Wirral, in the North of England.

If you don't know, we are just the other side of the River Mersey from Liverpool.

It took me a long time to find a way to post this message, being allergic to computers. Although I did manage a few replies to a couple of other posts, but posting this one for me was a giant leap!

Anyway, having been impressed by the knowledge, stunning photos, and general helpful nature of this forum, I dipped a toe into the mu4/3 pond last year, with a second-hand EPL-1, a couple of lenses, and VF-2. Loving it!

It may be a while before I crack the code and post an image or two myself, (don't hold your breath!), but for now its an joy to view the brilliant photos posted by other members. Many Thanks all.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    Welcome Bobrob

Yes, a warm welcome to you and thanks for being a part of mu43, a very nice site about all things mu43.
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    And we are pleased to have you here.
  4. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    I am looking forward to seeing some photos of Wirral and the surroundings. Welcome.

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard Bobrob!

Glad to have you with us!

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! :cool:
  7. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

As they say, "A journey of a thousand miles ..." and you've taken that step.

Well, I've worked in IT for 35+ years, and it took me some head-scratching to understand what to do, but I found that the gallery instructions a decent guide. Just try. After all, what could go wrong? :rofl:

Levity aside - this is a good forum. I check in several times a day. Always learn something. Most of all, that I have a lot to learn.

8. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Welcome from another noobie.
  9. Bobrob

Bobrob Mu-43 Rookie

Thanks for all the warm words of welcome.
    Glad to hear from MikeR-GF1 that despite his years working in IT posting images still caused him a few problems. Its not just me then,phew!

After a computer re-format,( needless to say-not done by me), I have no image software, but as soon as I re-load something I will attempt a few images very soon.
    Still learning, and much of it from this helpful forum.
  10. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012