1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Please stop me if u can ...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I was just at my local store called Teds and saw Fuji X10 and fell in love.. what a built and what a camera. Impressed with everything from look, feel,controls and what not....I am saving money to buy Panny 25mm 1.4 lens and I am scared that this camera can flare up my GAS.So please stop me from buying this..
    Cheers and thanks in advance

2. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Just keep looking at the native image thread for the 25mm! And the lens will last way longer than any camera.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    That's the best wisdom I've heard!

• Like Like x 1
  4. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Go out and take pictures with the gear that you have. And realize that new gear won't make you a better photographer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Well said John!

6. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you can live with the zoom range and no control over DOF, then there's little I can say against it ...

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    If you want a new toy, no one can stop you. But glass is always your best investment.

8. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    An another thing that I do If I get a bout of GAS (a new term i discovered on this forum, but not a new experience) is really imagine what I will gain from the "new toy" I have bought a few legacy lenses like this and after a few goes they just sit there and I realise it wasn't what I wanted at all, I just wanted something. The new GX1 is an example, or the ipad2... It looks great, some part of me wants cos it's new, but if I stop for moment and consider, what will this give me? I mean really give me....mmm..the GAS goes. Or I realise it will give me something (like buying the 25mm did) Stop and think is my motto.

9. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks guys .. I am over it. Actually this camera is such a beauty . I wish my EPL3 was made like this. John u r right , we shouldn't keep on thinking that new camera will make us better photographers .. Intact if that's the case , that camera will never come .. Lol