Please stop me if u can ...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I was just at my local store called Teds and saw Fuji X10 and fell in love.. what a built and what a camera. Impressed with everything from look, feel,controls and what not....I am saving money to buy Panny 25mm 1.4 lens and I am scared that this camera can flare up my GAS.So please stop me from buying this..
    Cheers and thanks in advance

2. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Just keep looking at the native image thread for the 25mm! And the lens will last way longer than any camera.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    That's the best wisdom I've heard!

• Like Like x 1
  4. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Go out and take pictures with the gear that you have. And realize that new gear won't make you a better photographer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Well said John!

6. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you can live with the zoom range and no control over DOF, then there's little I can say against it ...

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    If you want a new toy, no one can stop you. But glass is always your best investment.

8. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    An another thing that I do If I get a bout of GAS (a new term i discovered on this forum, but not a new experience) is really imagine what I will gain from the "new toy" I have bought a few legacy lenses like this and after a few goes they just sit there and I realise it wasn't what I wanted at all, I just wanted something. The new GX1 is an example, or the ipad2... It looks great, some part of me wants cos it's new, but if I stop for moment and consider, what will this give me? I mean really give me....mmm..the GAS goes. Or I realise it will give me something (like buying the 25mm did) Stop and think is my motto.

9. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Thanks guys .. I am over it. Actually this camera is such a beauty . I wish my EPL3 was made like this. John u r right , we shouldn't keep on thinking that new camera will make us better photographers .. Intact if that's the case , that camera will never come .. Lol