Please help... yourself.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hello everyone,

well, we've got a solid group of photographers posting just one image per day to their Photo A Day (PAD) blog... you can see the variety and enthusiasm we have going from our first dozen or so photographers who've taken up the challenge so far.

But that's only the beginning! we really want to inspire you to give this a go... if only for a few days to see how it feels - because we've all experienced such personal growth, we know that this will be a great experience for you too :friends:

This is our personal invitation for you to join us in the PAD adventure - the more variety we have in the group, the more stimulating and interesting it will be for all of us!

Please post here if you're thinking about doing a PAD... we have lots of people who can help you to take the first steps :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Hopefully there will be some takers to this, I already post to my own PAD blog, I will try to get involved with this one too - especially now I have my new PL45 :)

Herman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Brian, does PAD mean I got to take a shot every day and post it?
Is it allowed to go for a shooting on a sunny day and post one picture each day.
I can shoot my hometown, it has a lot to offer.

Have a nice day.
Kind regards, Herman

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Herman, good question... the Photo A Day project is to take one photo each day, and post it to your blog here - the idea is to develop a positive habit of using your camera creatively every day...

Part of the process is also to keep an eye on the PAD entries by other members who are doing the same thing, and leaving constructive feedback helps everyone to appreciate what's being posted.

Hope that makes sense, think of it as a free peer-to-peer support/coaching group!

Cheers

Brian

Jolliger

Mu-43 Rookie
I have been thinking about doing the PAD for a couple of weeks, been trying this on my own, most days are not a problem,
but I always miss a couple,
if I started I am sure I could accomplish the task.

The main problem is leaving constructive feedback, apart from being dyslectic; I have difficulty in putting my thoughts into text.

This is why I have mainly been a reader and not a writer on this forum.

When I do conjure up enough words, and put them into text, I can read through it several times, it all appears correct, and conveys what I have thought,
when I read it back later after sending, some words are missing, and it can have a different meaning, and might even cause offence.

If I do attempt this PAD or submit comments, if any if you do not understand it, just have a laugh on me

But please do not take any offence.

I hope this make sense, it does to me at this moment

:smile:

G1 + 14-45, 45-200, Canon FD 500 1.4

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Roger,

you will be warmly welcomed - and don't feel that you have to comment on every PAD entry... I've always found that the more I put into any project, the more I get out... but I'm just strange :cool:

Cheers

Brian

Pushbutton

New to Mu-43
I'll be starting the PAD soon here. I just got my e-p2 in yesterday and I am going out of town next week and wont have internet access... Figure I'll use the time to get to know my new toy and start the PAD when I get back! :biggrin:

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Awesome Pushbutton, Herman... thanks for taking up the challenge! :2thumbs:

Anyone else care to join us, or comment on the PAD project?

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I can't think of a better way of showing why you'd enjoy this project...

Check out the response noodlehaus got here, posting his first image.

I am blown away by how well we're working together here :bravo-009:

Anyone serious about improving their photography, amongst supportive fellow enthusiasts would be crazy to miss this opportunity... what are you waiting for? :wink:

Cheers

Brian

Jolliger

Mu-43 Rookie
BBW, Brian

Thanks for your encouraging replies, must apologise for the delay with commitments and other problems, I have not even touched my G1 for a few days,
I will forget how to use it, took a while to remember to push the button on top, often wondered while the SD card was blank. :rofl:

How do I start, where do I upload?

If it’s strange what you do Brain, I can’t imagine what category I come under.

If this PAD becomes “a day too far” and I miss my homework will I get detention? :confused:

Roger

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Roger,

there's no 'shoulding' going on in this group :smile:... you do what makes sense to you, but I have made a commitment to myself and the group to stick with it for at least 90 days until it becomes a comfortable habit... in the process learning a lot about myself and photography.

It's a challenge, made much easier by what we've set up here... and extremely rewarding.

There's a guide Amin made somewhere, on how to post to the Galleries... I can't find it though, BB are you able to help?

Here we go, thanks BB.

Cheers

Brian

pointoneeight

Mu-43 Regular
Welcome mauve, great to have you onboard!

Along with a few others, I'm just over 25 days in and its been an extremely rewarding experience so far. Coupled with Streetshooters weekly image quests the 2 have dramatically improved the way I think about photography, composition, post processing, lighting, making best use of your equipment - everything! :) And thats after just over 3 weeks...

Its a big commitment but the rewards are obvious when you look through peoples blogs on the forum. It's a very creative community with constructive criticism for your images and you may find people posting new versions after taking onboard feedback. You can see improvements almost daily across the board.

I've found taking a 'safety' shot as early as possible helps take the pressure off as your day unfolds, especially if work or other commitments start to draw your focus away. The last thing this should become is a chore, and what I'm starting to realise is that you don't need to take a masterpiece everyday! :) The less pressure you put yourself under the easier it is to maintain the commitment.

Good luck!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I came across this fascinating write-up of a personal photo a day project.

He took a polaroid every day, until the day he died.

Quite poignant... here's the full gallery of all those images.

And on a lighter note, I wondered what camera he was using to get such great quality images... and found this terrific video on the technology and manufacturing.

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5jaiq_ZZ_eM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5jaiq_ZZ_eM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed>

It's not quite the same concept that I'm following for my own PAD project - which is more pure/developing photography rather than a personal diary, but still I find this very interesting.

Cheers

Brian

Chris

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi all! Thought I should formly say hello. I've already put 2 photo's up as most of you will have seen, but completely forgot to introduce myself!

I'm really looking forward to the challenge this puts in front of me. I've had my GF1 since Nov 09, and the last 2 days have been the most productive days I have had yet! Reading all of the previous blog comments has been tremendously helpfull, along with the fantastic weekly quest write ups. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain a decent presence in both the PaD and the Quest. Thanks again for all the great feed back thus far.

Chris

pointoneeight

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all! Thought I should formly say hello. I've already put 2 photo's up as most of you will have seen, but completely forgot to introduce myself!

I'm really looking forward to the challenge this puts in front of me. I've had my GF1 since Nov 09, and the last 2 days have been the most productive days I have had yet! Reading all of the previous blog comments has been tremendously helpfull, along with the fantastic weekly quest write ups. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain a decent presence in both the PaD and the Quest. Thanks again for all the great feed back thus far.

Chris

Thats great Chris! Glad you've got off to a good start. Good luck :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom