1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Please help with my mistake!

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Keliza, May 17, 2010.

1. Keliza

Keliza New to Mu-43

Jan 28, 2010
    Oregon
    I was recently in the remote area of Arizona at Canyon de Chelly. Had my 5D, but mostly took pictures with EP2. I had the wb set on indoor setting and size of files at L rather than the raw setting as I usually do. Yikes! All the pictures came out washed out with bluish cast. Any ideas how to fix? I have tried to play with some in LR, but not having much luck.
    P5151381.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    In LR you should be able to adjust the WB. Try hitting Auto WB first then adjust the slider....
    As far as the file size goes....that's it...

3. laptoprob

laptoprob Mu-43 Regular

Jan 28, 2010
    Don't know the proper colour, but here's a try. ACDSee Canvas.
    the first is autocolor, the second is cast removal with colour picker.

Attached Files:

4. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    You should be able to change the white balance in LR to daylight in Library or 5500 in Develop.

5. Malo1961

Malo1961 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Fairly easy in PSE 6. Just click correct colour balance and click on a part of a cloud that should be white. Than open levels to adjust white point and mid tone contrast. Done.:smile:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    I don't have access to PS in my office, so I just used Microsoft's photo editor to do some simple adjustments. I was at this location a few years back, and this is somewhat close to how I remember it :smile:.

--Warren

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    "Fairly easy in PSE 6. Just click correct colour balance and click on a part of a cloud that should be white. Than open levels to adjust white point and mid tone contrast."

Very nicely adjusted.. no magenta bias etc. White is white after all.

Bokeh D.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sparklehorse

sparklehorse Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    RE WB

My best guess, using ACR, which gave me pleasing foreground colors but a too blue sky, then desaturating the sky in PS SC4:

882251694_ZZKuM-1024x768.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.