Please help some PP work I'm not capable of :(

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by DrLazer, Oct 29, 2011.

1. DrLazer

DrLazer Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2011
    Sheffield, UK
    Hi I took a few photos of my Jui Jitsu coach to use on his blog. I was happy with how they turned out except!

See those childish doodles on the wall! Silly me I should have noticed. I have tried my best to remove them but it's not gone well. Anybody fancy having a go for me. I would be massively grateful.

You will need to get the full size photo If you fancy a pop. Click here:
    https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6104/6292112676_3373bb7460_o.jpg

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Okay, guessing this isn't what you were going for, but I ran through CFX 4 to darken the background and then used the 300 Film LR preset (soft version).

[​IMG]

300 Film Hard version (max out clarity)
    [​IMG]

High-res for both images:
    http://krugorg.smugmug.com/Other/Share/19797272_HCLZ2g

3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

6292112676_3373bb7460_o2.

Can but most anything in the background ...

4. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    One last go... CFX 4 again for darkening background, detail enhancement, film grain.

I think the graffiti adds to the image as long as it is dropped back somehow and I love B&W or desaturated plus grain for this one. Anything I am missing that is really bad in the doodles?

[​IMG]

5. DrLazer

DrLazer Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2011
    Sheffield, UK
    lol! What has happened here :) At least you make me feel better for not noticing the problem in the first place. The filtered and edited versions are interesting and the cut out version also interesting.

The problem though .... on the wall, the graffiti.... There are two sets of cock and balls haha. Both in black, one above and to the right of his head. And one sticking out from the left side of his head. I didn't want to make a thread called "remove me some dicks" but at least you know what I meant now. :):):):)

6. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Funny, I didn't see that at first, and I am not sure I do now! I think whoever noticed this has a filthy mind! :rofl:

Okay, I decided that I would throw all of my vast experience on Gimp (download at least 5 minutes ago) for one last attempt. I almost feel like I should be compensated for this kind of effort, but glad to help out a fellow user group member!

fighteredit-XL.

7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    lol - can't you just 'graffiti' over them with a brush in Photoshop or whatever you use?

8. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Seriously, looking at this again with your graffiti additions (assumed), I don't think you could make out the dirty bits in the last image. In first couple 300 images I uploaded, I can see the stuff I am not supposed to, but only if I look closely.

9. RobWatson

Sorry, my eyes cannot see that ... only boobs is what I see! Anyway, good martial artists are always aware of their surroundings so I assumed he chose that spot on purpose.

10. lubov

lubov Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Tried putting him on a new background and applying that ugly tonal contrast
    thing that lots of people like!

11. RobWatson

12. I thought you wanted us to remove the ninjas hiding in the background. Didn't anyone else see them?

13. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I couldn't find enough clean parts of the wall to do a cloning job that I was happy with. So I popped him into another shot shot from your photostream. I hope that was OK. Then I just tried to match the lighting in the 2 shots. I'm not super pleased, but at least he doesn't have 2 dicks behind his head now.

Untitled by Lukinosity, on Flickr

I couldn't figure out why it looks so funny. I could a few pixels of blur to the background.....that may help, but I'm far from professional on this kind of stuff.

14. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Now the little kid in me wants to add 2 graffiti Johnsons onto that rock formation......just for giggles.

15. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I'd go square, make him a bit more prominent in the frame, B/W the background, and lose the other face. This was a quick one, and NOW adding HDR might be nice. I think your original vision was good to save, the wall adds some level of toughness, surely appropriate here.

[​IMG]

16. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I like this one best
    Tho I might have darkened or way lowered the contrast of the background. Just to make him stand out more. And Mebbe not have gone full on bw for background.

- Eliot

17. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I think I agree. desaturated background instead of total black and white. I'd probably split the difference. Nice work.

18. D**ks aside, I'm finding the vertical beam that he's standing next to a bit distracting. It doesn't have any noticeable depth to it which makes it look a little odd against the brickwork, and more so in B&W. I'm going with Luke's scenic background as my fave so far :tongue:

19. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Agreed
    The beam looked like a weird prism effect from an oddly angled plane of glass at first glance for me

- Eliot

20. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    OK...maybe I'm reading into the OP's post, but I think he just wanted the offending members removed, but otherwise a pretty straight shot. This is totally straight except for the CAB removal.

no dicks by Lukinosity, on Flickr