Playing with the video on my EM-5, discovered a burnt out pixel?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by iso640, Dec 26, 2013.

1. iso640

iso640 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    DC
    There's a red dot on the LCD that showed up in the video. Could this be something other than a burnt out pixel? I may have a few days left to return for an exchange at KEH... just wondering if this is what I think it may be.

2. neofx19

neofx19 Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2012
    Vancouver
    Hmmmm....this Red dot, is it also appearing on the menu system on the camera or only on live view mode or on the viewfinder? if its only appearing the viewfinder and live-view mode than it maybe a hot pixel. If it is than go to your menu system on your camera look for the pixel mapping (sorry I don't have the camera on me at the moment)

• Like Like x 1
  3. iso640

iso640 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    DC
    It's only showing on video (shooting or viewing playback on the LCD and when I played it back in Lightroom--I was playing with VSCO color settings when I noticed it). I use it mainly for stills which is why I hadn't noticed it until last night. However, when I'm looking at menus or stills, it's not there.

On edit:
    I also got a new lens I was shooting with and changed that out to make sure it wasn't the lens somehow but the same thing happened with another lens).

4. iso640

iso640 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    DC
    I just did the pixel mapping and a brief record with the camera and it seems to have gone away. I'll have to test it in darker conditions (which is what I was shooting in last night).

Thanks neofx19!