Playing with infrared converted camera

silver92b

Mu-43 All-Pro
So I sent a Kodak P&S camera to Kolari for a conversion to IR. These are my first shots with it. It's kind of fun and interesting. I did correct the WB with LR5 though...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
Since it is by definition not a visible light set of spectra, and of course only in the red end, you may find it more pleasing to try splitting the color channels in Photoshop and looking at each of the Red Green and Blue channels independently. You might find the results interesting.

Then try blending these.

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Just a tip: white balance your camera on something green (grass, for example) before you start shooting, and if you start playing with photoshop try swapping the red and blue channels around - LifePixel (other conversion service I had do a Canon 30D a long time ago) has some nice videos on processing IR. I keep meaning to pick up a small second body and having it converted, but don't really shoot enough IR to make it really worthwhile...

silver92b

Mu-43 All-Pro
Well yes, one can get interesting effects by playing with the color channels...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom