Place recommendations for Bavaria, Tuscany, Austria !!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by abhisheks77, Sep 6, 2016.

1. abhisheks77

abhisheks77 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2013

I didn't find any more suitable forum, than this, so posting it here.
    I will be planning to do a big round trip covering Bavaria, Tuscany, Dolomites and Austria (Vienna) in third week of October. Will it be good time to photograph these places ?
    I am interested to taking pictures of landscapes and nature. Will these places (specially Bavaria alps, Tuscany and Dolomites) be as vibrant as in spring or I will find these places as brown/muddy color ?
    Any more suggestions please, if I need to cover ? I am in very initial phase of planning, so there is scope of changing my route and places, as per advices. I will have around 15 days, so have plenty of time. I will rent car, so that I can go by my flexi-time and off-freeway.

2. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    At that time of year, you're in the lap of the weather gods. If they are good, you will have lovely weather for great shots. If not, ...
    You will definitely have some great days, but be flexible.
  3. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    In the Tyrol (Northern Austria / Southern Bavaria) it'll all be a bit grim. There'll be a lot of rain and the snow will be starting. This page gives the current forecast: Seefeld in Tirol October Weather 2016 - AccuWeather Forecast for Tyrol Austria for October in Seefeld, which is about thirty kilometres from Garmisch-Partenkirchen, just over the Bavarian border. Having spent some time in that area, I don't think this sounds like a good idea.
  4. abhisheks77

abhisheks77 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2013
    I will be flying in Munich and fly out of Vienna. If weather predictions are not good, I will pick car and move forward towards Italy or will take train, if roads are not in very good shape.