1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PL6 autofocus works only in iAuto and movie

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by FrSteveC, Jun 27, 2016.

1. FrSteveC

FrSteveC New to Mu-43

Oct 23, 2012
    Yesterday I made a mistake-- I did not notice that my PL6 ($189.00 new) was on when I changed my OL45 to OL25. The camera was in A mode; but when activated, did not focus, neither did S, M, P,-- only iAuto and Movie. I checked by turning off camera and changed lens again. Same result. I next checked the contacts on camera body, nothing apparent. So, I must have created the fault by the lens change with camera on.
    It appears that the warranty will not cover this, even though the camera has only one month's use. I love this camera. I have had a PM1 and now have OM D E5 and only would change the PL6 for a PL7 to be able to use Metabones Ultra.
    Happily the iAuto works and I will continue to use it -- unless someone can suggest a modest repair expense. Thanks for a great Forum. Steve

2. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    If it works in iAuto mode, it seems doubtful that the camera or lens is damaged. Plus I doubt you have voided your warranty coverage simply by changing lenses with the power on. I would double check your autofocus settings and if they appear to be correct then do a full reset and see if it corrects the problem.

3. FrSteveC

FrSteveC New to Mu-43

Oct 23, 2012
    THANK YOU! full reset restored proper functioning. whew!

• Like Like x 2