PL6 autofocus works only in iAuto and movie

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by FrSteveC, Jun 27, 2016.

1. FrSteveC

FrSteveC New to Mu-43

Oct 23, 2012
    Yesterday I made a mistake-- I did not notice that my PL6 ($189.00 new) was on when I changed my OL45 to OL25. The camera was in A mode; but when activated, did not focus, neither did S, M, P,-- only iAuto and Movie. I checked by turning off camera and changed lens again. Same result. I next checked the contacts on camera body, nothing apparent. So, I must have created the fault by the lens change with camera on.
    It appears that the warranty will not cover this, even though the camera has only one month's use. I love this camera. I have had a PM1 and now have OM D E5 and only would change the PL6 for a PL7 to be able to use Metabones Ultra.
    Happily the iAuto works and I will continue to use it -- unless someone can suggest a modest repair expense. Thanks for a great Forum. Steve
  2. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    If it works in iAuto mode, it seems doubtful that the camera or lens is damaged. Plus I doubt you have voided your warranty coverage simply by changing lenses with the power on. I would double check your autofocus settings and if they appear to be correct then do a full reset and see if it corrects the problem.
  3. FrSteveC

FrSteveC New to Mu-43

Oct 23, 2012
    THANK YOU! full reset restored proper functioning. whew!
    • Like Like x 2