1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PL5 anyone?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Uncle Frank, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    Amazon seems to be the first of the big e-tailers to have the Oly pl5 in stock. Anyone buying?

Where can I find a comparison of the pl2 vs. pl5 sizes... body and lcd?

I'm still a little put-off by the lack of a popup flash. I use the popup on my pl2 to trigger remotes for tabletop work, and use the vf2 to to focus my adapted 55/3.5 micro-Nikkor lens. No way to do that with a pl5. :frown:

2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Compare camera dimensions side by side
    (use the controls on the left to see rear and other views)

• Like Like x 1
  3. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Thanks for the link, can't wait to get my hands on the smaller new camera! :smile:

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, I swapped my E-PL2 out for Minis in all my smaller bags, and it's amazing just how much room they afford me. You'll notice a big difference in packing space. :)

5. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Just got my E-PL5 and it is much smaller than I expected. Love the touch screen, snappy handling, and OM-D image quality in a compact size.

Lee

6. sgoldswo

sgoldswo Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2012
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I bought it, hated in on the first day and now like it a lot...

7. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Just got the PL5 yesterday. Feels great to hold. Only had a chance to shoot indoors. Can't wait to get outside and do some shooting.
    Menu will take a bit of getting used to coming from a dslr that has all the buttons.
    This little beast is packed with cool features.....hope to get to use most of them :)

8. mowog6000

mowog6000 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Oregon City Oregon
    Pat bailey
    Bought mine 2 weeks ago and I love it! Coming from a EPL-1 the difference is astounding
    I bought the 12~50 from Cameta and it is a great combo for walking or hiking. I really like the touch screen for changing ISO or HDR I also am using my VF2 from the EPL1 and that makes it a perfect camera IMO.

9. Mr Moo

Mr Moo Rocket builder, collector of vintage air guitars

Sep 17, 2012
    SE Virginia
    Mike
    Got my PL5 a couple hours ago, hopefully the battery will be charged enough before I leave to get in line for tickets to see Lincoln...I figure that standing in line is as good a time as any to set it up. I'll take my EM5 along as well in case I deplete the battery.

Hey, it's a sickness.... Heh. :wink: