PL5 anyone?

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
Amazon seems to be the first of the big e-tailers to have the Oly pl5 in stock. Anyone buying?

Where can I find a comparison of the pl2 vs. pl5 sizes... body and lcd?

I'm still a little put-off by the lack of a popup flash. I use the popup on my pl2 to trigger remotes for tabletop work, and use the vf2 to to focus my adapted 55/3.5 micro-Nikkor lens. No way to do that with a pl5. :frown:

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
Yes, I swapped my E-PL2 out for Minis in all my smaller bags, and it's amazing just how much room they afford me. You'll notice a big difference in packing space. :)

LeeOsenton

Mu-43 Button Clicker
Real Name
Lee Osenton
Just got my E-PL5 and it is much smaller than I expected. Love the touch screen, snappy handling, and OM-D image quality in a compact size.

Lee

DL Photo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Just got the PL5 yesterday. Feels great to hold. Only had a chance to shoot indoors. Can't wait to get outside and do some shooting.
Menu will take a bit of getting used to coming from a dslr that has all the buttons.
This little beast is packed with cool features.....hope to get to use most of them :)

mowog6000

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Pat bailey
Bought mine 2 weeks ago and I love it! Coming from a EPL-1 the difference is astounding
I bought the 12~50 from Cameta and it is a great combo for walking or hiking. I really like the touch screen for changing ISO or HDR I also am using my VF2 from the EPL1 and that makes it a perfect camera IMO.

Mr Moo

Rocket builder, collector of vintage air guitars
Real Name
Mike
Got my PL5 a couple hours ago, hopefully the battery will be charged enough before I leave to get in line for tickets to see Lincoln...I figure that standing in line is as good a time as any to set it up. I'll take my EM5 along as well in case I deplete the battery.

Hey, it's a sickness.... Heh. :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom