1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PL25mm 1.4, faulty?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Christilou, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I just bought my third (!) Panasonic 25mm 1.4 lens. Having already had two, this one seems to be extremely slow in that when I take the picture at a reasonably high speed, the shutter seems to clunk very slowly and take a second or two to reset itself. My EM5 is fully updated but I can't find any updates for the lens which is at 1.0 I had to look twice to make sure I hadn't set the shutter speed to 1/15th or something. Looking at the pictures on my iMac, there doesn't seem to be any blur soooo, any ideas?

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I had a 14-45 make that noise. Like a " kerchunk " slow shutter noise. It took fine photos, but I sent it back.

3. Christilou

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Thanks, this is a similar noise.

4. Christilou

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Just got the 75 1.8 and tried it. Seems to be the same behaviour. Must be the camera body. Anyone else had this problem before I send it back?

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Send it back.

6. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Try in different lighting conditions. I also think the shutter sound from olympus sound slower than the exif info. Could be the ibis I dont know. Take thecamera to a store for a second opinion

7. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I noticed that with my OMD and Pany 100 - 300 when it was shooting at high shutter speed, the images were fine though not not sure what it is?

OMD magic???

8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Have you got anti-shock turned on, perchance? This introduces a little bit of shutter lag with the aim of minimizing shock. Does it do the same if you put the camera in one of the drive modes (high or low fps)?

9. Christilou

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Thanks for your replies. Tried a reset but no luck. Tried a new one in a shop this morning and there is definitely a problem with mine so back it went today. They want to send me a replacement so I'm hoping it won't be a batch problem!