1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PL 25mm - decoration ring

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by siftu, Oct 7, 2015.

1. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    I getting a PL25mm but it's missing a few parts. I can find the hood no problem but there is a part below the hood and has a silver ring around it. On an olympus lens would be called a "decoration ring". Does anyone know where to get this for the PL25mm? What it's called or even better a part number?

Thanks in advance

2. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    I don't think it's even meant to be removed. I assumed it was a solid part of the body!

3. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    Hmm I was fearing that

4. D MATIC

D MATIC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012
    I know what your talking about. The decorating ring that covers the bayonet mount for the hood. The PL25 f1.4 does not have that ring cover.

Though the new Panasonic (non Leica) 25mm f1.7 seems to have it by indications of the pictures online.

5. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    I wonder if the new Panasonic 25mm decoration ring will fit the PL25. The two lenses are very similar in size.

6. Joon525

Joon525 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2012
    NJ
    I don't think that's what the original poster is talking about.
    In the picture below he's talking about the black part with the silver ring (sticker) and dot. I think he might be saying that the lens he's looking at is totally missing THAT part.
    61hZIbnpH4L._SX425_.

To the original poster: Are you sure it's missing because maybe the silver ring which is a sticker is just removed. I say this because mine started to come undone and was tempted to just totally remove it before I ended up securing it back down with tiny drops of glue.

As someone else said, I didn't even think it COULD be removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    IF that is what the OP is talking about, then yeah I don't believe that can be removed like the ring on Olympus lenses or the PL15. However if he is talking about a ring to cover up the bayonet mounting threads, then that never existed in the first place (annoyingly, since have the threads exposed on a "premium" lens looks quite cheap and ugly IMO). Hopefully the new P25 decoration ring will fit on the PL25, because if so I'll be sure to buy one.

8. Joon525

Joon525 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2012
    NJ
    Pretty sure that is what they're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. D MATIC

D MATIC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2012
    I believe you are correct. What confused me is if the OP meant that the supposed decorating ring is supposed to cover/line up to the silver part OR if the OP meant the silver part itself is the part that he is missing.

10. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    Joon525 is right. I get the lens today. If it's not a replaceable part I might send it in for repair. Or just live with it.