PL 25mm and 45mm 1.8 a great combo

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by ahuyevshi, May 16, 2013.

1. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Long story short, I got a G5 on Amazon last week during lightning which I'm now returning because it irks me for only one reason. Setting AF point is 2 steps and not really intuitive without the LCD and with the lcd on my nose keeps hitting it. Otherwise it's a great camera Fast to Focus and superb IQ

I have been out of M4/3 for a while since the E-P2 and gave up on it due to shadow noise in high ISO which is so much better now. Have an OM-D & 17mm 1.8 coming tomorrow so can't wait to get to it...

These are first couple of shots with both lenses... Just got the 25mm yesterday and WOW.. Fast to focus and the build is amazing.

Manually Focused

2. Bravin Neff

Bravin Neff Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Bravin Neff
    Agreed, and great shots.
  3. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Nice shots and I agree. A great combo.

And next you can bust out with the triple whammy. 17-25-45. :biggrin:
  4. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Nice Shots and great Combo.

For now I will keep my "other" trio 14/20/45 :)

5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I haven't played with the 14 yet but I remember hating the AF & focus by wire on the 20 with both the GF1 & EP2. Great lens though...
  6. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    So sadly the 17mm won't be here until Monday, but the Fedex guy just made me very happy!!

7. Aldredge

Aldredge Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2012
    Toronto, ON
    Wow, that looks great!

I have the PL25 that I use on my E-PL2, but I hope to upgrade to the OMD one day.
  8. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    You're almost there. ;-) My take everywhere kit exists of two EM5 bodies, and 12,17,25 and 45 lenses. It all fits in a cheap Lowepro Exchange Messenger bag, which I use inside (or alongside) a much larger Rickshaw Commute 2.0 so I can carry both work and photorelated stuff.
  9. Bertliza

Bertliza New to Mu-43

May 29, 2013
    Mine, the Lumix 14/Lumix 20/and soon a black M.Zuiko 45. I planned a 20/45 combo but I was able to buy a mint 14 for $152.
  10. RuffDraft

RuffDraft Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    Nice! I've just purchased a similar kit this year for my travels in the summer to Taiwan and Hong Kong! But I have the 12mm f2 instead of the 17!

Debating whether to pick up the 40-150 for £150 considering that I'll be also hitting the zoo... As well as a tiny tabletop tripod... Will see though... Savings diminishing... Wish I could afford a 75mm f1.8, as well as the FL600R!
  11. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Lovely shots - I have both the 25 and 45 and they are wonderful lenses. The 25 has a quality that I can't quite put my finger on, it's a superb piece of glass and quite a good price I think, given how good it is.