PL 100-400mm-lens-will-ship-on-march-25

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by mcasan, Mar 16, 2016.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
  2. Rick F

Rick F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2015
    UK
    Rick
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the results with this lens on an Oly body. I hope they are good as I want one!

3. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    does the tripod ring have a mount or does it also require a plate to mount to the ball head.

4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    And not for us Olympus users? What's up with that? ;)

It looks like it needs a plate :-(

5. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    I never said that. You can obviously chose to use anything you like. The GX8 owners get the added benefit of dual IS. I am happy for them.

6. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    And they said that about the 300 Pro and charged my wife's credit. Not. Stick with Adorama, B&H or other known reliable merchant.

7. Gidget

Gidget Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Leah Hallett
    They had one on ebay yesterday too.

8. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    One of my friends was in a meeting with me this morning. Then he was headed off to Showcase Camera to pick up his PL 100-400. So shipments should be arriving at all their regular dealers.

9. paul macro

paul macro Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2011
    I have mine now just need some good weather

10. What countries are getting them already? My Amazon UK order still says April 16 earliest.

11. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    I read that Park Cameras shipped at least one in the UK, not sure whether I read that here or elsewhere. I have had a pre-order in since the 8th January at a small local store and whoever deals with that side of things at or for Panasonic aren't even answering their calls. When did you order yours with Amazon?

12. Thanks. Yeah I heard that Park would be shipping in dribs n drabs as they got them from Panasonic in dribs n drabs.

I ordered mine only a couple of weeks or so ago so I guess I'm way down the pecking order. But if I sniff one available earlier, I'll cancel the Amazon order.