PL 100-400 on a om1-mkii body distance issues

Phocal

God
tried that but cant get it to work will have another look i.e where do you find the search box ,???

In the pop window come down to RAW Data and the search box will appear on the top of box.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 233

Phocal

God

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 208

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular
just tried again to see if it comes up on flickr after p/p ...nope I give up .. I will test the lens out again giving different parameters of use if no joy I will switch to using the 50-200 SWD and i.4 tc which is olympus to olympus and look at getting a 300 f4 later this year .thanks for the help ,but not worth beating our brains out over

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
I'm confused. Why are we caught up on finding distance in the EXIF when that is only tangently related to the problem in the OP?

Why not share some images with the supposed issue so that those with great experience here can take a look?

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S
Has anyone considered dirty air.
Just look at an object 10 m away nice and clear
and 100 m away not so clear .
Dirty air , heat waves and haze and your eyes ??

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular
I'm confused. Why are we caught up on finding distance in the EXIF when that is only tangently related to the problem in the OP?

Why not share some images with the supposed issue so that those with great experience here can take a look?
Basically because I have deleted all the offending files before I posted this , once the weather breaks again here in northern u.k I will take some more Comparison shots . And ensure it’s not user error on my part as well ,the EXIF data is to try and establish at what distance this actually occurs .. also now having a mki and a mkii body I can test side by side to see If what I think is happening is actually happening . And by the way I’m not a inexperienced newbie with over 8 million views on my Flickr stream and Lots of published work I have a fair idea of what I’m doing .

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
Not just for OP, but anyone looking for help with results they are getting: Forum members can only speculate if you do not share examples of what the problem is perceived to be. Always include examples, preferably varied (FL, fstop, ISO, etc) ones. The more information the better help you will receive.

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
My thoughts after a couple of months use in varied conditions, f, ISO, focal lengths is the biggest single contributing factor is the atmosphere.
I've played up and down those 3 settings at static birds and the differences are not related IMO.
I'm not referring to extremes, Max ISO 800, F Max 8 or tad higher, and generally 250 to 350mm.
I've had better results at 400 than 250. But not always.
It's a mixed bag.

A poster put up some images all at 400mm, but exif didn't show so not sure what other settings, and they were excellent IMO. First rate.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
Micro-adjust only matters for PDAF (enabled when you use C-AF). For S-AF it doesn't matter.

What do you mean its better on the E-M1 MK1? You used it for BIF on that as well? Or is this comparing static shots?

100 yards is actually quite far away (due to atmospheric issues), I wouldn't expect anything good beyond that range. See brief discussion here: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/panasonic-leica-100-400mm-f-4-6-3-dg-vario-elmar.84433/post-1343950
That was what the E-M1 Mk I used to be but not the Mk II as quoted from the specs (online).
"when a Micro Four Thirds lens is attached, imager phase detection AF is always selected) "

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
That was what the E-M1 Mk I used to be but not the Mk II as quoted from the specs (online).
"when a Micro Four Thirds lens is attached, imager phase detection AF is always selected) "
To speed up initial focus, perhaps. For final confirmation, however, CDAF is always more accurate so is still what determines S-AF accuracy.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ross
To speed up initial focus, perhaps. For final confirmation, however, CDAF is always more accurate so is still what determines S-AF accuracy.
Yes, with S-AF the final AF would be done with CD-AF.

1579826025588.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular

Avondale87

Tasmania
Real Name
Richard
We wait. Anything to make life better always welcomed.
It's certainly a lens with character (but then they all are :))

Sujiar

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Suji
tried that but cant get it to work will have another look i.e where do you find the search box ,???
Any chance you have the AF Limiter engaged on the EM1.2? AF Limit does show on the left of the EVF, so I doubt you wouldn't have noticed it, but hey, worth checking...

blackfox wildlife

Mu-43 Regular
well it looks like it was purely and simply a M/A problem , I noticed last week while chimping some shots that it was out a bit .I have now filled in a -2 adjustment and it appears to have improved it a heck of a lot . the shot below was taken at a distance that I was struggling with previously and not only is the bird in decent focus (black and white one) but the water has a better appearance to ..it may need further adjustments but for now I'll leave it at that . just wish I could afford a 300mm f4 and tc
49476858946_c3bfb9c96b_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
two bright eyes by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

DustyGeorge

Mu-43 Regular
It should find it like this. Don't have a mk2 so can't test a file from. But if @wjiang is pulling it out with a different program than it has to be in there someplace.
I think Olympus changed something in a firmware update. I can find the distance in old photos taken with a mk2 but I can't find it on recent photos taken with a mk2 or an mk3.

Latest threads

Top Bottom