Pk to m4/3 adapter ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by davinci, Jun 26, 2014.

1. davinci

davinci New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2014
    Hi there! Can you please recommend to me a decent pk to m4/3 adapter so I can adapt my pentax lenses to my olympus E-pl-5? There are so many and with different prices and I am a little bit confused.

Thanks in advance
  2. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    As well as a range of prices there are also a range of features.
    IIRC there are options that allow the lens to be tilted or shifted, as well as some that give an aperture ring for newer Pentax lenses, and of course plain no frills models.
    Just about all the above come in a range of qualities (I don't think I've seen a budget shift adapter yet).
    There's even the option of using a focal reducer to give nearer the original FOV.

If your lenses include any without aperture rings, then you'll want a DA model or you'll be forced to use the lenses with the aperture fully open. The cheapest seem to work OK, but no doubt the build quality improves if you spend more. Tilt or shift options are less commonly used, but do add some interesting possibilities for a lot less than a proper perspective control lens.
  3. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Pick up a Fotga PK-m4/3 adapter. Less than £10 - works fine for my Pentax K Mount lenses.
  4. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    I have a canon fd fotasy adapter that wont focus to infinity with 2 lenses. It also doesn't fit very well on the lens, so it has a uneven gap around the lens. I won't buy a Fotasy again. I also have a Fotodiox Pro adapter for Konica, which is a bit tight on the camera connection, but reaches focus to infinity on 2 lens. Fotodiox also has a guarantee to focus to infinity.
  5. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    I love the Fotodiox / Rainbow Imaging adapters. I have several for Pentax K, Minolta MD, and M42 Screw mount and all work wonderfully. Average price is about $22 and the shipping is super fast from Amazon. Just make sure you check the screws (sometimes they are loose in shipping and run a clean cloth over all the surfaces just in case there are any metal burs from manufacturing (actually you need to do this with the $100 ones also).
  6. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Buy the absolute cheapest one that you can find and you will be happy. I am sure of it.
  8. Timmy

Timmy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Wiltshire - UK
    I agree. I spent the least possible amount of money on my PK adapter and it's great.