Pink Cricket

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Some of you will be familiar with the aussie fast bowler Glenn McGrath. He lost his wife Jane some years back after a long battle with breast cancer (he has recently remarried). Before Jane's death they set up a foundation bearing her name to raise awareness of and funds to research breast cancer with the theme colour being PINK. We have seen top cricket teams compete wearing pink accessories.

It was the turn of my grandson's team recently and the pink wickets, pads and helmets were provided by the foundation. In this way a sizeable sum of $$$ was raised and everyone joined in the fun (I snacked on a pink sushi roll).

The team lined up for a photo.

5491326639_eb6e1fbe7a_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pink donuts at "tea" (half time for non cricketers).

5491918772_ba103ef40a_z.jpg

Some of the action.

5491917070_643ec07a67_z.jpg

Mu-43 Legend
THanks for sharing. Just curious -- what did you shoot with and how did you get those shots? I still have a DSLR, because I find my EP1 + zoom lens would grab the background for focus (e.g. in your third shot). Curious was to what you used, and if you found it sure-focusing.

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
The first shot is with the Samsung EX1 and the others were with the GH1 and 100-300mm. It was my first outing with the long lens and these were about the only good shots. I was using 'matrix' focusing and should have used 'centre' so had a lot of dud shots. Cricket season is over and footy starts soon.

Mu-43 Legend
OK. Sounds like my experience in shooting long with CDAF. That EX1 is nicer than I've given it credit for, I think!

Thanks for sharing the pics. Much appreciated to see grass while sitting up here in the frozen northern hemisphere. We still have about a foot of snow (now frozen solid) and the wind is whipping around outside. Great to dream of a greener place!

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Cool! Good cause. I think it would be easier to get boys in the States to play cricket then it would be to get them to wear pink.

jalex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jane
Great photos and interesting story behind them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom