1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Pictures posted on here...?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dave in Wales, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    do pictures posted on this forum have to be taken with :43: gear?

d in w

2. Yes and no. Someone may want to illustrate a point or demonstrate something using an image that wasn't taken with a m4/3 camera, show a related series of images taken by more than just a m4/3 camera, compare two or more different cameras, or post some images taken with another type of camera in the "Other systems" forum. Some image threads are a bit more liberal but would lose relevance on this site if they become full of images taken using other cameras. The various lens sample image threads should remain as m4/3 cameras only as their purpose is to demonstrate how a lens will work on a m4/3 camera.

3. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    My opinion of it is, if you've a picture you're proud of, or maybe you just like it, then share it. Appreciation of photography is about photographs, not necessarily what you used to take it.

After all, you might've been on a once in a lifetime expedition to the top of Mount Everest and saw a unicorn drinking Evian from the holy grail, I'm damn sure I'd not want you to not share the pictures, just because you went the weekend before you bought your GF-1 :lol:

Obviously there's sections/threads where there's its requested that pics are taken with an M4/3 but, otherwise, I think anything goes. Just put a little caption underneath to say what you took it with. It's good to broaden horizons.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I've been known to post a bit of film shots here :smile: