1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pictures of Panasonic GF3 leaked

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by JohnMetsn, Jun 5, 2011.

1. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Pictures of GF3 just leaked in promo video

source: 43 Rumors

These screenshots are from this video. It's clearly visible that the new GF3 will be even smaller than GF2 and lacks hotshoe.

It looks like a nice addition to :43: to me. It could get more :43: users on the board. But I think they shouldn't call it a GF...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Wow, the pancake lens looks big on that body.

3. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Except for things like the add-on viewfinder, I think the hotshoe it pointless on an already small camera like the GFx. A full size/worthwhile flash on top of a GFx camera would look way out of place and make the balance of the camera very awkward. My SB600 flash even looks silly on top of my GH2.

4. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    In that last picture it looks like she is holding the camera to her right eye. Is it supposed to have a built-in EVF?

5. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I believe it's just a pose. Look at the second picture, you can clearly see the edge of the screen. What more, the EVF would be too low then.

6. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    Without a hot shoe, it looks more like a fashion statement to me than a serious camera, especially in those poses. Even if it has a built in EVF, I would want to be able to add add a flash unit. Where is the flash? That little dot on the upper right?

Is this supposed to out-Sony the NEX look?

7. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I think internal flash was moved above the lens. Look at the first and second picture.

8. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes. Considering that the NEX outsells the GF2 in Japan, they have to do something. If you look at how the sales break down, the general trend is the smaller the camera, the higher the sales. The GH2/GH1's don't even generate enough sales to be broken out separately. They just get bunched up in "all the rest".

9. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

User over at 43 rumors made me think...is this dark thing in the bump an EVF?

[​IMG]

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Thinking outside of the box here, due to it's small size, i'd say the target audience/consumer are women....

11. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    eh, my GF1 is perfectly capable of doing product type shots for my purposes. that includes having a hot shoe to trigger my lighting.

though, I do understand I'm a tiny minority in that respect... I always seem to be, heh. G3 line is looking like my successor to my GF1 in the long run

12. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    Its fairly obvious from the pictures that Panasonic have in fact perfected the camera>brain interface which makes a viewfinder redundant.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Maybe Panasonic has dumped iA for AI.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Hotshoes aren't just for mounting flash guns on top of the camera. They will trigger flash units and even studio strobes through all manner of methods, from Radio Triggers to PC Sync adapters. They are a necessary piece for any half-serious photographic camera.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    No, you are not a minority in that respect. ;)

16. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    no hotshoe, no external evf. If there is a built in evf, dam thing must be tiny. Even smaller the the one in the g10 and FZ cameras.

17. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    only time will tell. i can't wait for the news release.

18. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    physic, if there is one, it is tiny. :wink:

19. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    hope this is true

20. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    If you watch the video, the guy in the blue shirt is sporting a GF3 with a black body. Not just for the ladies after all.