picture turns out blue-ish on GF-2

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by x-min-x, Aug 9, 2011.

1. x-min-x

x-min-x New to Mu-43

Aug 9, 2011
    hi everyone... i'm a completely noob with cameras and photography... every time i put my GF-2 on P, A or S my pictures turn out "blue-ish" ... i can't seem to figure out what i've done wrong... i'd really appreciate it if someone can give me a tip... thanks :)

6025403954_03bf86cb49_b.
    6025410410_29da9a7f10_b.
    6025402068_12bfc3e66b_b.

i know it wasn't exactly the brightest day when i took the pics... but the colour on my bf's cannon was a lot warmer... and less blue :(

2. It might be a white balance issue. Try checking the white balance setting and see if it is set to auto

3. luguidomanski

luguidomanski Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2010
    Curitiba, Brazil
    Luiz
    Seems like white balance

Hi, x-min-x, welcome to Mu-43.com!

It seems you are having a white balance issue here. You must have you camera set to indoor lightning, so the outdoor images come out a little blue-ish.

I don't have a Panny camera, so I don't know if it's common when white balance is on auto. But people who has may help you in that. Anyway, try to set your white balance to the condition, like overcast or sunny.

If you are not familiar to white balance, there is a nice tutorial on DPReview.

4. tam

tam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    P,A, or S on a Panasonic save the last WB mode you set. You've set it to indoor (or custom) as the above suggest. You probably want it on auto...

5. tam

tam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2010
    update: just checked the exif on your flickr pages for those pics. You have a tungsten (indoor) white balance set. That's your problem.

6. x-min-x

x-min-x New to Mu-43

Aug 9, 2011
    wow...!! awesome!! that was really quick responses!!! i feel so loved lol... and now all i gotta do is work out how to adjust WB hehe... THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!