Pics of the new Godox Trigger

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by Repp, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Here are pics of the new Godox XPro trigger, curtesy of Edward Tang of Cheetahstand. Expect the first versions to be CaNikon, we m43 users will probably be last with the fuji release.

Full post with 10x photos:
    Edward Tang
    21586702_1805092416171758_743028519117505395_o.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    Nice nice nice
    Hope your wrong on release timing

Mind you I have zero need for this but I so want it!!!!

3. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Glad the photo stayed, Edward deleted his post saying that he was going to let Godox make the announcement.
    I'm looking forward to it, as it looks easier to operate than the x1t. Honestly, I'd really just like a updated +HSS version of the XT-16 as it's just so dang easy to use and has more group options.

4. CyVan

CyVan Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Jamaica
    He's updated it again:
    upload_2017-9-11_11-52-23.

upload_2017-9-11_11-54-1.

upload_2017-9-11_11-54-11.

Looks good , but I'd miss the passthru hotshoe.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CyVan

CyVan Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Jamaica
    More Info
    FLASHPOINT R2 Pro / GODOX XPro-C – TTL Transmitter Announced | FLASH HAVOC

I love this part:
    TCM FUNCTION
    Another significant feature now provided with the Pro transmitter is the new TCM function.

TCM stands for TLL > Convert > Manual.

This is Godox and Flashpoint’s version of Hybrid or Fusion TTL, where its now possible to take a shot in TTL mode to attain a correct exposure very quickly, and then at the press of a button convert those TTL power levels to now display on the transmitter as Manual power levels.

The manual power levels can then be further refined, and provide consistent exposures for further shots in the same set up and environment.

The TCM function is potentially a huge advantage for people operating in a fast paced environment, allowing a base setting to be gained very quickly without manually metering lights. Switching to manual the individual power levels can then be refined as needed, and exposures remain constant for subsequent images.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    The first comment made by FlashHavoc is interesting. Leads me to believe that another Adorama version was/is in the works, but that that version directly influenced the Godox one. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    I'd be interested to hear how any of you make out with the new transmitter.

Interesting, though I'm not sure how much it improves over X1T. The X1T is very easy to use. Although it would be nice when the camera is mounted on a tripod. But I have not an issue with bending down to make changes.

While the TCM sounds nice, I not sure how much someone would really get from it. And will it work if you have both TTL with FEC adjustments and manual flashes set up. If it works as expected, that would be great. But then I can't think of lot of times when I might use it.

8. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    After using the X1T now for a while i find it to be a little hard to read at times and somewhat fiddly, certainly does the job though. Just based on the pictures for fully off camera setups the new Pro just looks like it will be easier to read and less fiddly.
    I see that both would be useful and i'll keep the X1T for the times i use the FL50 on camera with the two V860's off camera

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I honestly don't like the x1t very much at all, i only picked it up to see if it was more consistent with my GX8 than the xt16 and tt350, which it thankfully is. But the xt16 (and older ft16) is such an easier trigger to use!

10. Plumballs

Plumballs Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Whitchurch, Hampshire
    Phil
    Hi Guys,

Will these triggers work with the EM10 Mk1 or will I need to trick the system with a FL-600R or something similar?

Thanks

Phil

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  11. Repp

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I don't believe the original EM10 is supported, but neither is my GX8. Works fairly well for On/Off Camera TTL. HSS in manual mode off camera is finicky, but still works fairly well. On of the things to remember is this is a fairly new system, M43 support has only been out for a few months now, and full cross platform TTL/HSS is a fairly new feature at that. There will be bugs, but Godox is fairly good at getting firmware out and updating their gear. Though it is also worth noting that we m43 users are probably at the bottom of the priority vs the other brands and even then it will likely be focused on newer cameras first.

12. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2017
    grand valley, on
    The x1t works with my em10 mk i just fine. (As do the tt350 and tt600 [on and off camera])

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    I hope you're not an FC! LOL

14. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA