Picked Up Vintage Canon FT QL (1966) & Canon 50mm f/1.4 FL For $60

BokehFreak

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Dillon Burns
I just picked up a mint condition vintage Canon FT QL with its original leather half/snap case, Canon 50mm f/1.4 FL, and a vintage Vivitar flash all for $60. The lens is in immaculate condition for its age. The camera is like new! The inside is completely spotless. The entire package is mold and fungus free! I am ordering the adapter today to mount on my E-P3 and will include some samples from my first run with the 50mm. Which is going to be used as a 100mm f/1.4 portrait lens on my E-P3 for street portraits and maybe some strobist portrait work. The bokeh I've seen in image threads is gorgeous and can't wait to get this baby out there. Here is a couple images of the camera and lens. :2thumbs:

Shot with E-P3 and kit lens
P1250181_zps3dfda513.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shot with E-P3 and kit lens
p1250183.jpg

edmsnap

Mu-43 Veteran
Looks like you got version-ii of the lens which was significantly better than the original FL 50 and the basis of the FD 50 1.4. Nice :)

BokehFreak

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Dillon Burns
Thanks for the response, I can't wait to try it out! I am just waiting on a member of the forum to ship me the adapter. What adapters are you using for all your legacy lenses? I see you have quite a collection!!

edmsnap

Mu-43 Veteran
BokehFreak said:
...What adapters are you using for all your legacy lenses?

I've used good ones and I've used dreadful ones. For your FL (or any FD) lens, my hands-down winner is this one. Fits perfect, focuses through the whole range, and is the cheapest option for this level of quality that I've found.

BokehFreak said:
I see you have quite a collection!!

In fairness, it was mostly state-of-the-art when I got it... only now are they parts of a collection, haha. Every now and again I go through another box in the storage room and discover another one. The beauty of µ4/3 is that I can use modern day digital with all the lenses I've loved since my youth. For me, it's a wonderfully nostalgic system. :)

BokehFreak

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Dillon Burns
I ended up getting a very similar adapter to that one thanks to :43: User: Mackloon! The lens is beautiful! I'm posting sample images now to this thread. After using this legacy lens a couple times I see no need to even purchase digital lenses except the 19mm f/2.8 and 25mm f/1.4 and just build an extensive kit of legacy lenses. I like the looks of the film lenses on my E-P3 more than the digital as well. Also what size is the filter thread? Thanks -Dillon

BokehFreak

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Dillon Burns
Sample Images

P1280248_zps6d6650a0.jpg

Awesome Bokeh!
P1280244_zps264f5035.jpg

P1280231_zps28a6ce00.jpg

My friend Mary!!
P1280265_zps72afd851.jpg

My friend Mary!!
P1280257_zps701e8caa.jpg

My friend Mary!!
P1280253_zpscb26ca98.jpg

My friend Mary!!
P1280252_zps1b5cd5d2.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom