Picked up the Oly 45/1.8 today...

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
I picked up an EM1 as a birthday gift to myself a month ago to build a smaller and lighter based system that I could carry around on a daily basis instead of my Canon 5D Mk.II which is a bit too big and heavy for a daily camera. Along with the EM1, my initial lens purchase was the Oly 25/1.8 which I've been shooting for the past month and have been pleasantly surprised.

Today, I went down to the Olympus company store to pick up the Oly 45/1.8 plus the optional hood. Haven't had much time to spend with it but I put the lens on in the store and went out shooting for about an hour in Gangnam (yes, as in "Gangnam-style"). General first impressions are that it's quite similar to the 25/1.8 in terms of focus speed, accuracy and color rendition.

As an aside, the Olympus company store here in Gangnam is pretty cool since they actually sell a variety of nice accessories including brands such as Artisan & Artist, Gariz, B+W filters, Sandisk cards, etc... They also have a very cool display of old legacy OM lenses that look brand new enclosed in large glass displays. It's like an OM history museum.

Anyways, here's the very first image taken with my new 45/1.8 just as soon as I crossed the street from the Olympus store.

14364602793_79431268fc_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gengh

Mu-43 Regular
Congratulations on the lens, I like mine a lot. That picture has a real 3D feel to it, very nice

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
The 25 and 45 lenses are really excellent - great IQ, small, light, uber-fast AF and priced reasonably (although the 25 could do with dropping a little).

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Obligatory product shot of my EM1 w/ 45/1.8 plus hood attached.

14158047818_3afec77f07_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

lightmonkey

Mu-43 Veteran
I was actually surprised at how small it was. Specifically, how narrow. Its smaller than the 25 at same aperture! Eminently more usable than the 75

Latest threads

Top Bottom