Picked up Panasonic G2 at a good price !

teetee65

New to Mu-43
Hi I am new to the forums and to micro 4/3. I just sold my Sony A300 DSLR and was surfing the net and found a blue G2 open box for $529. Still comes with manufac. warranty. Did I do well? How do you do macro on the G2 with the kits lens?

MEG3020

New to Mu-43
Hi I am new to the forums and to micro 4/3. I just sold my Sony A300 DSLR and was surfing the net and found a blue G2 open box for $529. Still comes with manufac. warranty. Did I do well? How do you do macro on the G2 with the kits lens?

Wow that's a great price. Now I feel bad for what I paid for mine ($640 brand new). :frown:

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome.
Great price indeed.
To do macro you need a macro lens. The kit lend focuses close but it's not a macro lens.

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think you already know the answer but YES great price and a GREAT cam with those new features. ENJOY :smile:

neilvan

Mu-43 Regular
To get more magnification with your kit lens you could get some close-up filters. It won't get you to 1:1 but it will help...

You could also get an adapter, extension tubes and a long prime lens or just buy the 45mm f2.8...

Have fun!

couchpotato

New to Mu-43
How about a raynox 250?
Seems everyone finds good bargains except me. I paid full price for my GF1....

Raynox 250 and 150 are inexpensive solution. But they have limitation in term of focusing distance. If I were you, I will get an inexpensive MF macro lens plus a adapter. Much more flexible and better IQ than "close-up" lens. An Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm F3.5 macro together with an adapter will cost you about $100 on eBay. A new Raynox 250 is around $40-50.

Have fun with your new camera.