1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Picked up a Sigma 19...

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by String, Sep 2, 2013.

1. String

String Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2012
    Canada
    Brian
    I had no intention of buying one but the local Henry's had them on sale for $120; how can you resist at that price? Anyway, not a bad lens considering the price and you have to spend substantially more to get better IQ. If I were new to m43, the Sigma 19 would be one of my first purchases.

These were both shot @ f4 on the EM-5:

Still Standing
    i-zgkF6VD-XL.

Waking Up
    Dog%20Park--2-XL.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Love the shot of your canine, Brian. I'm guessing the $120 deal was one of the original Sigma 19mm? If so, it doesn't matter. Optically, they're the same as the new version.

3. Anthonys

Anthonys Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Sydney
    Anthony
    I was thinking of recommending this lens to someone with just the P14 and O45. I had the Sigma 30 and it was great but just been reading the 19 doesn't quite live up to the sharpness and general performance of the 30? Your images do look great though.. so maybe the difference isn't even noticeable.

4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Hi Brian I love both shots

Not long ago I had my 19 2.8, at first I was a bit disappointed for the sharpness and CA, but the colour, FOV and feel in hand keep me keeping it, now it's become my mostly used lens, it made my three primes combo complete.

5. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Hi Brian, I especial like the first shot.

I'm really glad that you posted for another reason though. I had been looking for a deal on this lens and it turns out Henry's ships to the States! Not quite the deal that you got but close enough for me.

Thanks,
    Todd

6. String

String Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2012
    Canada
    Brian
    Thanks folks!

Yes Steve, thats the original Sigma 19.

This is the first Sigma I've had for m43. I did have the 10-20 and 70 Macro in my Nikon days and no complaints with them either. I'm actually quite impressed. I'm not a pixel peeper by any means though so for those who are, I'm sure you'll find some faults. I do print a fair amount so if they look good in print, thats what matters to me :)

Glad I could help Todd!