Photoshop Image Deblurring sneak

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by RnR, Oct 11, 2011.

1. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Came across this 'sneak' which I think a few here might like :)

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxjiQoTp864]Adobe MAX 2011 - Photoshop Image Deblurring sneak - YouTube[/ame]

It will be interesting to see if there are any cons to the process.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    It's too bad that for the video they weren't using a screen cap, but you can tell from the audience response that it is impressive. It seems like a simple enough idea. I wonder what took so long to implement it. Computational power?

Very cool!

3. c5karl

c5karl Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2011
    Fairfax, Va., USA
    That could sort of kill the IBIS vis OIS argument. :smile:

As long as Moore's Law keeps chugging along, this sort of processing conceivably could be done in camera at some point in the not-too-distant future, especially if the camera stores accelerometer data at the time of exposure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Deconvolution. Been done for years. Trade dynamic range for resolution. Most methods that work fairly well require gobs of processing power. Even dedicated hardware would require several generations before becoming practical in cameras. Optical stabilization will be better (even pixel shifting).

For some images deconvolution methods simply do not work as there is not an excess of dynamic range to trade-off for improved resolution. Sharp noisy images are not the goal (generally speaking).

5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Great, even more sharp, boring photos! :biggrin:

6. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    I'd love to see them use this to correct the background blur on a horizontal pan.