Photoshop CS5 for $40, Lightroom for $17 restrictions apply.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I think it's really dead now. It was supposed to go through 3/3, but I think they underestimated the response and pulled it. Even the google ad banners are gone now.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have CS2 as well ... but on the Mac, and my latest Mac can't run that version. So I figured it was time to upgrade.

I have a full CS 2 suite but it won't work on intel macs so it just sits there. I also have a first generation mini doing nothing. At work I am trying to get them to get a wide bed printer and if we do I will use that mini with the PS to run the printer.

Roger

Mu-43 Regular
I just finished my eligibility verification. I had to try probably more than ten times since last night to get on the site and finish. Now I wait to see if they honor the order.

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have CS2 as well ... but on the Mac, and my latest Mac can't run that version. So I figured it was time to upgrade.

While I'm still using Windows XP, I did check and old Photoshop 7 will still run on the latest Windows 7, so I assume all PS versions will run on a PC.

mzd

Mu-43 Veteran
While I'm still using Windows XP, I did check and old Photoshop 7 will still run on the latest Windows 7, so I assume all PS versions will run on a PC.

yes, Windows has been running on x86 processors for ever. Apple switched from PowerPC to Intel in 2006. This hardware change required application developers to modify their code (largely re-write). Apple did include emulation software in OSX up until the most recent version, Lion, that allowed older software to run on the current architecture. Adobe CS2 and earlier was written for PowerPC. CS3 and newer was written for x86. So users with newer Macs that shipped with Lion, or users who chose to update to Lion need CS3 or newer.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Maybe? I have never tried older copies of PS with newer windows but many other software apps work fine in one version of windows but crash or won't at all in later versions. I also bet if you have the new 64 bit windows that PS7 will have some problems. Can't hurt to try of coarse.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Maybe? I have never tried older copies of PS with newer windows but many other software apps work fine in one version of windows but crash or won't at all in later versions. I also bet if you have the new 64 bit windows that PS7 will have some problems. Can't hurt to try of coarse.

It'll work just fine. By definition if you have W7, then you have Windows XP too. XP runs in a window. That's the worse case scenario. You can set the level of Windows compatibility of any program in Windows. Just go under properties for that program and set the level of compatibility. Microsoft tries to keep things working as long as possible. Apple forces people to upgrade not for technical reasons, but for marketing ones. They tell people things won't run, even though they run just fine, to force them to upgrade. For years, all you had to do was edit the file with the list of "bad machines" and software will run just fine. Doing that you could run the Apple SDK on a G4, even though Apple insisted you needed an Intel Mac. Doing that you run Leopard on an older G4 or even a G3, even though Apple insisted you use the latest G4. Doing that you can run Lion on a old Mac Mini even though Apple insists that it be a more modern model.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
It'll work just fine. By definition if you have W7, then you have Windows XP too. XP runs in a window. That's the worse case scenario. You can set the level of Windows compatibility of any program in Windows. Just go under properties for that program and set the level of compatibility.

Compatibility mode is not a silver bullet. XP running in a window is also an incorrect description because you can actually run XP in a window, in full, via virtualization. Windows 7 Ultimate (and Enterprise I believe) have an XP license included to run what they call "XP Mode."

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro

He's talking about legacy apps. And that is half the problem with Windows. So many different things need to run, and be run on. People don't give MS enough credit on that. Not saying they are awesome, but it's not exactly an easy task.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Adobe is honoring the deal even though they now claim it was a "mistake". They've killed the coupon but started sending out serials last night to those who already ordered.

Empireme

Mu-43 Regular
Im glad for those you who purchased LR3 at the awesome price of $17. But I can't help but feel a little sad for paying a LOT more a few months ago...

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
He's talking about legacy apps. And that is half the problem with Windows. So many different things need to run, and be run on. People don't give MS enough credit on that. Not saying they are awesome, but it's not exactly an easy task.

I love XP and if Photoshop 7 couldn't run on Windows 7, then Windows 7 would not be for me in the future. However, it appears that most everything that runs on XP can run on Windows 7. Here is a link to Windows 7 Compatibility site:

Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

I give MS a lot of credit for making the effort to keep things compatible.

sprinke

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Debi
Has anyone actually gotten their software from this sale? My order still says "Eligibility pending" and when I click on "Check status" it says that they are processing my documents. Live chat has been "not available" every time I've checked the page.

Ccasey

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
You should be able to just download it - look for a trial version. The serial number is what you have to wait for with the eligibility check.

If you have some patience you can always call in to customer support - 800 833 6687.

-Chris

alans

Mu-43 Veteran
My daughter's eligibility was approved Sunday and they shipped Monday with delivery for today. She used her report card as documentation. Hopefully they will get to your's soon.

Has anyone actually gotten their software from this sale? My order still says "Eligibility pending" and when I click on "Check status" it says that they are processing my documents. Live chat has been "not available" every time I've checked the page.

JudyM

Mu-43 All-Pro
My order said "Pending" for a while, then it said there was a receipt available. The receipt said the order required further processing. The next day I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number. I submitted my son's school ID card for verfication of eligibility.

Latest threads

Top Bottom