Photoshop CS5 for $40, Lightroom for $17 restrictions apply.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
CSR? what is this?

And no you can't upgrade them , not directly anyway{unless they have changed how they do things since I was in school}. There is a way from what I understand to upgrade to the commercial version and then you can upgrade that{but the price ends up being the same as just getting the commercial version in the first place!}.

Customer Service Representative. Otherwise known as the people who will be taking the upgrade orders. Call them. They say that if you buy LR3 through this deal today, that you will be able to upgrade to LR4. I tend to believe a company when it's giving me information about it's own products.

Roger

Mu-43 Regular
Offer is over. I called Adobe to order and the rep told me that the offer had been a mistake and it was no longer available. So, some of you got a great deal.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Customer Service Representative. Otherwise known as the people who will be taking the upgrade orders. Call them. They say that if you buy LR3 through this deal today, that you will be able to upgrade to LR4. I tend to believe a company when it's giving me information about it's own products.

I am not calling you a liar , just confused and a bit pissed.:confused::mad:

A long time ago you could upgrade with no problem. Then when they came out with CS, the education versions would no longer allow you to upgrade. They did have a program where you could pay for a full license and they would give you a code and whamo it would allow upgrading. Now they are going to allow education versions to be upgraded? Come on Adobe make up your mind! Of coarse their products are way overpriced to begin with. The education price is what the commercial price should be!

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Offer is over. I called Adobe to order and the rep told me that the offer had been a mistake and it was no longer available. So, some of you got a great deal.

How can it be a mistake? On various sites all day, the Google Ads banner has been this deal. Adobe is the one that published all those ads.

sprinke

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Debi

I still see the prices on the Education Store ... If you go online to order, and use the code at checkout, it still appears to work (I didn't actually place another order though, just entered the code and it applied the discount).

Try it.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro

How can it be a mistake? On various sites all day, the Google Ads banner has been this deal. Adobe is the one that published all those ads.

I think hes referring to the LR3 deal that was not advertised anywhere. And yea that sux :( i was going to pull the trigger on it soon too.

meyerweb

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That is incorrect:
FAQ | Adobe Creative Suite 5.5

search student. now, I'm not sure what pricing model will be enforced, but it is, indeed, upgradeable.

Well, I'm not sure what the policy is now, but what you're pointing to is not the same thing as the discounted upgrade from one version to the next (e.g., from LR3 to LR4).

The S&T version, according to the license, can only be used WHILE you are a student. Once you graduate, you need to stop using it or upgrade to the commercial version. That's an upgrade to the same version (e.g., from CS5 S&T to CS5 commerical), not an upgrade from an old version to a new one.

In the past, S&T versions were not eligible for discounted upgrades to the next version. At any price. Not always a real problem, as you could generally buy the S&T version for less than the cost of the commercial upgrade, assuming you're still a student.

zpierce

Super Moderator
Real Name
Zach
They must be getting killed on this deal, their vendor for eligibility verification (identit-e) only half loaded once for me, then bombed on submission, now I can't get to them at all.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
The S&T version, according to the license, can only be used WHILE you are a student. Once you graduate, you need to stop using it or upgrade to the commercial version. That's an upgrade to the same version (e.g., from CS5 S&T to CS5 commerical), not an upgrade from an old version to a new one.

In the past, S&T versions were not eligible for discounted upgrades to the next version. At any price. Not always a real problem, as you could generally buy the S&T version for less than the cost of the commercial upgrade, assuming you're still a student.

That's not true. You can use a S&T version after you graduate. I think you are confusing that you are no longer eligible for educational discounts after you graduate, but you are still entitled to use any version you purchased while you were able.

As for eliglibitly for discounted upgrades on S&T versions. There are no educational discounts for upgrades period, S&T or not. You can upgrade a S&T version, but it's the same price as a upgrade for any version. So S&T versions aren't eligible for discounted upgrades since there are no educational prices for upgrades. Adobe recommends you buy a new version at the educational price instead of upgrading.

This paragragh from an Adobe FAQ explains it all.

"A: Upgrade pricing is not available through Adobe’s current education programs. If a product version changes, however, current students, faculty, and staff may purchase the new version to continue to take advantage of the spectacular discounts offered in this program. If a student has graduated and is no longer eligible for education discounts, he or she may purchase a standard commercial upgrade of the new version."

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/volumelicensing/pdfs/ado_cs5_bro_stl_prgm_faq_hr.pdf

And this directly answers whether you can continue to use it after graduation.

"May a student or teacher continue to use Student and Teacher Editions after graduation or upon completion of training?
Yes. After graduation or upon completion of training, the person may continue to use Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software."

http://images.quill.com/images/Products/catalog/Content/DataSheets/adobe stu teacher.pdf

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
They must be getting killed on this deal, their vendor for eligibility verification (identit-e) only half loaded once for me, then bombed on submission, now I can't get to them at all.

at least you ordered... coupon fails for me now.

JudyM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Adobe's website must be getting slammed. A note on the website says the offer is good until March 3. I was able to order CS5 Design Premium for my son earlier this evening, but when I tried the link to verify his eligibility, everything ground to a halt: pages wouldn't load, I kept getting kicked out to the log in page, links weren't working, etc. I did get the order to go through and I received an order confirmation, but I can't get the link to the third party verification service to load the page.

I contacted Adobe Customer Service by chat and was told to try a different browser. It still either doesn't load at all, or times out when you try to submit it. I emailed Customer Service with my son's student ID and some info. I'll try the verification link again early tomorrow morning.

meyerweb

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
lenshoarder:

Your first quote says exactly what I said. You can't upgrade the S&T version, but you can purchase the new version at the current S&T price. There's no disagreement there.

Your second quote is interesting, because it directly contradict the FAQ answer that I replied to, and what I was told by Adobe support. It seems Adobe's right hand doesn't know what its left hand is doing.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Your first quote says exactly what I said. You can't upgrade the S&T version, but you can purchase the new version at the current S&T price. There's no disagreement there.

No. That's not what it says. You are saying that you can't upgrade a S&T version period. That's not correct. You can upgrade a S&T version just like any other version. You can't get an upgrade with educational pricing since there is no educational pricing for upgrades. From the FAQ, "Upgrade pricing is not available through Adobe’s current education programs." So there is no educational discount to upgrade a S&T version, but you can still upgrade it by purchasing a normal upgrade. Again, from the FAQ, "If a student has graduated and is no longer eligible for education discounts, he or she may purchase a standard commercial upgrade of the new version."

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I know that if you have the education version and use it for non-education uses that Adobe can sue you! It is a matter of license more than software ability. Photoshop doesn't stop working the day you graduate , it just isn't "legal" for you to use it anymore. Of coarse they probably don't care if it is used for private purposes but if you use it for commercial ones and they find out their lawyers will be all over you. I thought they actually had it built in that the education version wouldn't take an update , that is what I was told by the company I bought my education version from years ago.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I know that if you have the education version and use it for non-education uses that Adobe can sue you! It is a matter of license more than software ability. Photoshop doesn't stop working the day you graduate , it just isn't "legal" for you to use it anymore. Of coarse they probably don't care if it is used for private purposes but if you use it for commercial ones and they find out their lawyers will be all over you. I thought they actually had it built in that the education version wouldn't take an update , that is what I was told by the company I bought my education version from years ago.

This is simply not true. Look at my earlier quote from an Adobe FAQ to address using it after you graduate. Here's where they address using it for commerical purposes.

" Can I use Student and Teacher Edition products commercially?
Yes, Student and Teacher Edition products can be used commercially."

Education FAQ

alans

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks Lenshoarder!

I went for the Full Monty! I mean the PS Master Suite.
The site has been busy all day but I just placed my order at 9 pm CST and received my order confirmation right away. Finally it pays off to have a kid in school!

mzd

Mu-43 Veteran
I put an order through as well tonight (Design Premium). I did get through the verification pages, but it took a looong time and multiple attempts. The verification site is just dog slow. But the pages will load if you wait long enough.

Latest threads

Top Bottom