Photoshop CC launch

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by robbie36, Jun 17, 2013.

1. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Photoshop CC is officially launched at 8pm PDT today.

Are you getting it? What do you think?

I am getting it but I am expecting to be underwhelmed. I upgraded to LR5 and felt the upgrade was pretty feeble. Still LR's cost is not prohibitive, so no real complaints.

2. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    As they don't want it to run on my computer they can go stick it in their ear.

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Running it via the "Cloud" has certainly put me off so I have also just upgraded Lightroom to 5 and will be using that instead.

Adobe mentioned they have done this to stop pirate copies and I can see that, however, what is to stop Adobe increasing monthly charges as and when they feel like it so in the long run it will cost a lot more to pay monthly than buy it outright!

4. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Well I cant say that I am exactly impressed with the CS6 Cloud offering. Now I get a reminder each day that my subscription has expired although it hasnt. Adobe support have told me to come back when they cut me off.

Personally I dont think it is going to make a fig of difference to pirated versions of their software. Photoshop CC will be launched later today and I am willing to bet that the pirated version is available within 2 weeks.

5. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    What are we going to do for 2 whole weeks!:smile:

6. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Two weeks? Try two DAYS, if that long. If I'm right their stock is going to take yet another hit. Imagine spending all that money in an "anti-piracy" attempt to only have it fail quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

7. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I've had CC for well over a year, love it. If they start pushing innovations out the door quicker like they say they will, Fantastic. I wish the uploader client was a bit smoother running.

8. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    Broadband Internet connection speeds round here (both at home & work) struggle as it is. There seems to be an increasing trend for companies to assume a top quality broadband link will always be available. The likes of I-player are effectively unusable until gone midnight.

Many of the computers I use at work are not connected to the internet for security reasons. Many programs/drivers still look for upgrades despite the option being turned off for Windows...

So No I'm not moving to the cloud for photo processing untill I have no other option!

9. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Well I installed Photoshop CC but unfortunately it crashes 5 second after opening.

Luckily CS6 is still going strong.

Incidentally Adobe's decision to launch the CC Apps at 8pm doesnt look to smart considering their online help desk is open from 5am to 7pm.

10. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Adobe isn't very well known for support. As the office's software liaison back a decade or two ago, getting help from Adobe was about as hard as getting a drink at a teetotaler's convention. The ONLY way I ever got help was to threaten them with losing tens of thousands of dollars of business....then they couldn't be faster.

11. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Well their online support with 'experts' isnt really impressive. It has been farmed out to India or Pakistan and the people running it are far from experts. Nearly always when you have a problem it is resolved by the 'expert' 'escalating the problem to their superior which usually involves a 2 day wait'.

However you do usually end up with a decent result in the end.

12. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    There are not really a lot of new toys in Photoshop CC.

But I have to admit that the 'camera shake sharpening' looks to be pretty magical. Hopefully you can see its effect here with a pretty dodgy shot I took of the moon.

Before
    moon8.

After
    moon1-2.

13. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Id like to sign up but at the moment Im pretty up to date with my adobe apps. I cant afford to have things not work correctly at the office so I may give it a go in few months after the inevitable bugs get fixed. I know a couple of happy users already, but Im not missing anything at this point.

14. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Hmmm.... maybe camera shake sharpening isnt that miraculous afterall.

I took this shot of a critter a few minutes ago. If you look at the before and after, the camera shake sharpening looks to have done a good job....

critter.

critter-2.

...But if you look at it closely (not that you can tell from the jpeg), it does look as though PS has simply sharpened the photo.

So in order to really test it I decided to ramp up my iso to 200 and shoot this post at 1/10th of a sec at 200mm...

Now you can see some serious camera shake....

shake-2.

and unfortunately PS makes a real mess of getting rid of it....

shake.

15. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
  16. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Have you tried the manual implementation of the camera shake for when PS doesn't get it right on it's own?

17. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    I see that Photoshop CC is now available on torrents for download...

So well? Slightly less than 2 days.

18. fsuscotphoto

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    What do I say!?! TWO WHOLE DAYS! What a bunch of fools! Now they are going to look like exactly what they are: company that cares very little about "them that brung them".

19. Dogdaze

Dogdaze Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    New York
    Charlotte
    Adobe Lightroom verses Creative Cloud....hmmm

Hi...I was ready to make a purchase of Adobe Lightroom. But I just read (some) about Creative Cloud. Life drives me crazy sometimes when you think you got it...then there's complications or somethinks they have something better.
    I'm a beginner photographer. I like to edit my images..but the best fun for me is taking those images. The relationship of edit/taking images is 40/60. I had taken a 4 wk. class with Adobe Lightroom. I enjoyed it and was ready to buy version 4 I had a 30 day trial at that time. Then when I had heard 5 was coming out real soon. AND in 3 months here we are. I am not interested in Photoshop. At least not right now stay tuned in 1 yr.
    My question is what is best for me at this time CC or AL? What about all this piracy that I'm reading about. Will I get ripped off with AL? How do you know what's save...good...and work well.
    Thank you !
    Charlotte

20. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Charlotte, why do you think you might get ripped off by buying LR5? It's included with a CC sub, but LR is still available as a standalone product. I upgraded from 4 to 5 and am very pleased. It runs faster, and the advanced healing brush and radial filter are great. If you don't need or want CC, buy LR5.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta