Photoshop CC 2014 and Lightroom 5.5

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
Adobe held an Applesc - Hello New York, Hello World - conference to announce the all new Creative Cloud 2014 yesterday. Unfortunately it didnt really match the hype for photographers at least.

1) Lightroom 5.5 launched - no noticeable additional functionality
2) LR Mobile update = minor increases in functionality but nothing significant like smart collection integration
3) A whole host of other IOS based apps were launched including a mobile photoshop. A couple of impressive drawing apps, I suspect the mobile photoshop app is a gimmick to show your friends content aware fill.
4) Photoshop CC 2014 was launched. Rather strange to me this downloads as a totally separate program to Photoshop CC. But additional features are not that impressive. Of note...
a) Select areas of image in focus. Could be useful I guess.
b) Smart guides. These look useful.
c) Expanded font collection. Fonts now preview on your text as you scroll over different choices. Very nice.
d) Blur gallery adds non-linear motion and spin blur (as in spinning wheel)
e) Content aware features now include color blending option. This should be good.
f) Pin edges to liquify for warping in from image edges. This is useful but it only applies to the edge of the photo not the edges within the photo.
g) For Windows users. Needs to be turned on in preferences. Scaling of UI 200%. Seems to be a bit extreme to me. Would like adjustable UI scaling.

Possibly the most important news or possibly not. Adobe announced that the current LR and PS price is 'the' price and not an 'introductory price' US$9.95. I have a feeling they did say something similar before. I did notice that the photography offer on the website no longer says 'limited period offer' with it. Given that Adobe hasnt added any killer features since CC was launched, there doesnt seem that much incentive to upgrade from CS6.

jeffg53

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeff Grant
This is what you get in Australia.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 3.31.38 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 3.31.38 pm.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 553

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
I have some minor issues which is quite normal when Photoshop installs and entirely new program. My plugins were not installed in cc 2014. It was easy to copy them over from PS CC but then PS crashed on opening. Presumably one of the plugins is incompatible. No problems with Nik plugins though.

leenok

New to Mu-43
Do you have to go and download the new version or does the Creative Cloud App pick it up as an update?

Cheers

Lee

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
Mine is saying Photoshop CC is up to date, is there any way to force it to check for updates?

Cheers

Lee

Well checking for updates within PS CC will not work because PS CC is up to date and is being replaced by PS CC 2014. The Creative Cloud App should work but if it doesnt go to Adobe.com -> login -> then 'desktop' and you should be able to download it.

leenok

New to Mu-43
The reason your PS CC says it is up to date is because it is. PS CC has been replaced by a new program PS CC 2014 (I have no idea why they have done it this way.)

What you have to do is go to programs -> Adobe Creative Cloud and launch. This will show the updates that you can download.

Thanks for that, I had to quit and relaunch it to show CC (2014)

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Well, awesome. Good thing PS CC 2014 didn't replace PS CC as 2014 just crashes without a specific error every time it starts...

UPDATE: It looks like there are some issues around graphics drivers. I updated my drivers and everything started behaving.

Latest threads

Top Bottom