Photoshoot: Goddess at Rest

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by jambaj0e, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Sometimes, the best light is a overcast day. Thanks to the giant softbox in the sky!

fotosiamo.com | Goddess at Rest from Psychedelic Masquerade collection
    Goddess of Spring, at Rest in Winter

Model: Cheslea Pack
    Hairstylist: Brittany Grace
    MUA: April Hicks
    Wardrobe: Stephanie Lim-Rosales & Priy A Nka
    FF Team: Mark Rosales, Stephanie Lim-Rosales, Carly Heliker, Judy S. Wang & Priy A Nka

6710611343_16a59cca89_b.

[​IMG]

6717379557_f50100ba32_b.

• Like Like x 10
  2. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Any comments?

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Beautiful except she looks a bit tense and conscious ..lol

4. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    She's actually more cold, lol. It got down to the 50s pretty quickly

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Going to agree, especially on the first two. The face looks a little serious for the shoot.

6. Bhupinder2002

If I am asked to do this shoot , I will use multicoloured skirt like dresses and tops from indian state of Rajasthan and make her wear extensive silver jewellery . She has a great height and I would make perfect use of her long legs ..
    something like this

http://www.freevisuals4u.com/photos/2011/11/Suhasi-Dhami.jpg

Cheers

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    The other thing to me is the green just gets lost. I think a bright yellow or gold colored dress would work better.

8. Bhupinder2002

U need come contrast and life and photography is more fun with contrast .hahahaha

9. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    And to me, the sheen on the fabric was the first thing that made me say "ooooo" about the full-length shot. I love that iridescent sheen. More subtle than loud colors, but very appealing (in my opinion).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I agree. The dress colors made it look like she was a Goddess of the Woods... fitting the surroundings wonderfully. Subtle can be good... even if generally not appreciated by our society these days. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  11. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    Well, it's the thing with high fashion, the higher the fashion, the more serious/less expression on the face. The lower the fashion, the more happy and more lifestyle-like the expression.

And yes, as for the green dress, she is the Goddess of Spring, at Rest in Winter

12. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010

I wanted it to be more subtle, even with a more muted green.

13. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010

yea, but it's too loud for what I'm looking for and what I wanted from this scene. It's why I called it Goddess at Rest, as in Goddess of Spring, at Rest in Winter

14. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Not a fan of the large branch leading to her forehead in the third picture, but I really like the lighting and framing.

15. Bhupinder2002

I agree ..I wanted to keep ur thread alive and on the top and started offering ideas..I am glad people are noticing it.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Don't get me wrong, I like the shots. But on my monitor, she really gets lost in the scene because the dress is so close in color to the wood. I realize that might be the intent, but for me, I'm not digging it as much as some of your other stuff.

17. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Apart from the pics and the model, beautiful as always, I think that color and expression suit the theme. Classical representation of goddesses always had some gravity.

18. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    I think these images work very well. The muted hues fit the overall emotion of the image. It feels that the model is part of the environment. The overcast sunlight works wonderfully; very even lighting. But from the reflection in the model's eyes in #2, it looks like you're using a reflector or a little flash to help fill in her beautiful face. I do agree that the branch in the background is a bit distracting. But overall, I think these are wonderful images. Do you mind sharing the EXIF data?

19. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The first one seems a bit disjointed to my eye as the fabric of the top does not match the dress. The bare midriff already presents a natural break but needs something to tie back into the rest of the shot so I think if the fabrics were the same things would blend back together. That coppery metallic sheen thingy is really nice.

I might even have suggested colored contacts of a matching shade of green. I do love green eyes so I'm a bit biased in that respect.

If anything I wish her expression was even more aloof! I can imagine jambajoe saying "Now, more aloof!" but not coming across as a tool. Of course, cold day, backless dress and making her lay across a frigisd stone wall is working into tooldom. Hey, somebody has got to suffer or it is not art ... right?

20. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    In the #2 photo, there was no reflector, actually. I think it's the reflection of the clouds.

The branch was a bit hard to keep out of focused, since they were so close to stone wall and was very busy. But if you see the environment, you would want to shoot there also =D

As for the EXIF data, they are fully available on my Flicrk set (under ACTIONS): Goddess at Rest | Flickr - Photo Sharing!