Photos not uploading

Real Name
Roddy
Thought this was resolved but I'm afraid it's back to not being able to upload even one image. Have tried several computers and iPad but get the same problem
Any ideas what's going on?
Alan, can you find some internet elsewhere and see if your computer uploads then? If it does, then the fault is with your internet at home (or wherever you go on-line) - perhaps you're not getting enough bandwidth or similar. Have you a firewall in place or something? Did you upload some new software recently?

If your uploads do not work on someone else's internet, then the fault may be with your profile on this site. There may be a bug in there somewhere, in which case contact the admin and they'll sort you out.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Test of upload of a SOOC large JPEG to see if the problem occurs.
P1090366.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

No problem for me, although I saw the problem some time ago.

Shall I delete this now?

I'm still experiencing problems on my personal service, and am unable to even upload the <1MB files now, I'll be able to try another way today or tomorrow.

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Tried it again after leaving the iPad alone overnight.
Now it's ok - and this image loaded very quickly
Has me beaten as my laptop and computer station had the same problem as my ipad :dash2:

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Thought I had this fixed but again still cant post an image. Text is OK.
Did every thing that I could think of including going back to a restore point well before this started happening.
I can post easily to other sites without problem.
Unfortunately it looks that Ill just have to find another site for my photography.

Real Name
Roddy
Did you contact the admin here direct about your problem? If so, what did they say?

I have another suggestion for you that might resolve whether the issue is at your end, or with your profile on site. Contact the admin, and tell them you are going to create another profile (you can always delete it later). Load a photo using that profile - if there is no problem doing that then the issue is on-site and the admin should be able to resolve it. If the problem persists, then the problem is at your end - computer, ISP etc.

I am still having problems with uploading to this site using my Optus mobile broadband - no problem uploading to Instagram or Facebook throughout this period. Amin wasn't able to help in the first instance, and suggested I post here.

Aha, here's something interesting - I just connected to my partner's Telstra hot spot, and this small file uploaded very quickly:

This large file took longer, but uploaded in about a minute or two:

Hopefully this helps narrow the field of possible issues.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Thought I had this fixed but again still cant post an image. Text is OK.
Did every thing that I could think of including going back to a restore point well before this started happening.
I can post easily to other sites without problem.
Unfortunately it looks that Ill just have to find another site for my photography.
Hi Allan, who is your ISP?

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Hi Allan, who is your ISP?
ISP is Optus.
Thanks for noticing my delema. I spent some time getting a new profile on mu-43 and messing around but really got nowhere.
I waited til this morning and logged on with my old profile and was able to post 3 images in Share birds.
Don't know how long it will last but I think that my ISP is doing some funny stuff to get people to upgrade to NBN here in Australia. Would not surprise me

Last edited:

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Hi, the forums use a content delivery network (CDN), B-CDN (aka Bunny CDN), and they claim to be fast in AU (https://bunnycdn.com/network/australia).

You could try the cache page of the site, https://cdn.mu-43.com/, and see how fast it loads (but I don’t think you’ll be able to upload anything there).

It may be necessary to complain to Optus, since Telus and other ISPs seem to be better.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Hi, the forums use a content delivery network (CDN), B-CDN (aka Bunny CDN), and they claim to be fast in AU (https://bunnycdn.com/network/australia).

You could try the cache page of the site, https://cdn.mu-43.com/, and see how fast it loads (but I don’t think you’ll be able to upload anything there).

It may be necessary to complain to Optus, since Telus and other ISPs seem to be better.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.
Barry, a t least you cared and that's what I appreciated. It may all clean up w hen I go on the NBN and the nutters in the system can get a semblance of a working ISP..
Again thanks for your effirt

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
A small bit of information about this situation.
I tried to send some images to mu-43 that had been processed to jpg format and downscaled to 1133x982 pixels....No download possible and failed each time.
I then downscaled one image to 900x780 pixels.
I could see an increase in downloading rate but the image failed before completion on three attempts.
On the fourth attempt it got all the way in and I was able to post the image.
Thus it seems that the rate of download etc for large (?) images stops the download - smaller images are done faster and are not lost all the time.
But I must add that I have no problem with posting these large (?) images to other sites

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom