Photos not uploading

Hi all,

Since last Thursday, I have been unable to upload photos to add to my post "My visual diary...", or to new posts - they start to upload, get to around 10%, then stops and the file name has a line through it. Please see attached screen shot to show what happens. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Oddly, I've been able to attach this screen shot. I have logged out and back in. All my files are (I think) labelled .jpeg, except for the one shown here.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Hi, I would guess the uploads are probably timing out.
Have you tried reducing the image resolution to 1600x1600 or smaller already?

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Hi, I would guess the uploads are probably timing out.
Have you tried reducing the image resolution to 1600x1600 or smaller already?
I saw the same thing a couple of days ago trying to upload a SOOC JPEG from my computer, the upload took a long time and then it showed up with the strike-through.
It worked when I had reduced it to 1600 on the largest side.
Since I'm on a fiber/ethernet connection with 1G/1G it should be the forum SW that is the problem.

Real Name
Roddy
I got as far as BosseBe's reply and stopped - 1G? A whole G? Here in rural France I have about 2.5mbs and the whole system is powered by a donkey on a treadmill in the neighbour's garden. If it stops to eat a carrot or something my router times out and we never see anything for hours.

Can I come and stay wth you for a weekend, @BosseBe? I have about four month's work to catch up on and

I

never know when my internet is going to

Last edited:
Late to the fore, but not in defence of any carrier, rather observation and comments around Tasmania.
It appears in some places Optus shines when Telstra is paltry.
It's hit and miss but don't be misled by the Telstra guff about 'we've got you covered'.
Probably meant 'cornered' :), as it's not quite the coverage here Telstra would like us to believe

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
1G? A whole G?
Sometimes I think everything is better in Fennoscandia. I upload at 1200x900 or, infrequently, 1600x1200 and haven't had problems other than maybe once or twice but this bypasses the forum resizing. My total bandwidth's about 35Mb/s but, at least here, up is always much less than down, so it's about 3 Mb/s for uploading.

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
I am having the same problem for the first time. Just cannot attach a photo of any size to a posting
It just puts a line through the file name and locks the program up

betamax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan
I have a telstra phone (Boost) and and optus 4g data plan, and even though I was having no problems downloading on Optus nice and fast), last few pic updates during the week here stalled so I'd switched on my phone's mobile hotspot and they upload fine on the big T.

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
Thought this was resolved but I'm afraid it's back to not being able to upload even one image. Have tried several computers and iPad but get the same problem
Any ideas what's going on?

Allan it appears to work okay off my Tablet.
On my home NBN with Telstra
Iris.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Have you logged out, cleared your cache, cookies etc, not your password?
I do that every day
Just a thought

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I got as far as BosseBe's reply and stopped - 1G? A whole G? Here in rural France I have about 2.5mbs and the whole system is powered by a donkey on a treadmill in the neighbour's garden. If it stops to eat a carrot or something my router times out and we never see anything for hours.
You can't just spring a comment like that on unsuspecting readers! Do you know how long it takes to wipe off Latte Macchiato off a 4K 1000 Euro display (without my boss noticing)? All while I'm giggling hysterically?? :coffee-30::hide:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom