1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Photos and El Capitan

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by dornblaser, Jun 11, 2015.

1. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I found this interesting:

New editing extensions let you go further with your photos.
    OS X El Capitan supports third-party tools that will be available from the Mac App Store and accessible right in the Photos app. Use multiple editing extensions from your favorite developers on a single photo, or use a mix of extensions and the editing tools built into Photos. From adding subtle filters to using beautiful texture effects, you can take your photo editing to a whole new level.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    To me that is all marketing spin. It totally remains to be seen if Photos will have ever have plugins that are anywhere close to those from Adobe, Nik, Topaz, DxO, OnOne and many others. I can see someone who wants to do snapshots and sharing them with the family using Photos. I can not see a serious photographer using it as a DAM or as an editing environment. Remember that Apple, by dropping Aperture, has already kissed off the serous photography community. Photos is for the IOS device community where Apple's big revenue is located these days.

3. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Perhaps. I am hoping that Apple adds functionality overtime like they did with FCPX.

4. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    FCPX is supposed to be pro app. Aperture, not iPhoto or Photos, was aimed at the pro and prosumer photographer. Photos is aimed at the general public doing IOS snapshots. Nothing wrong with that. But don't wait for it to become something it is not designed to be.