1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Photos: 2010 Kihncert -Greg Kihn & Ry Kihn

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by mrgondo, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mrgondo

mrgondo New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2010
    Here are some photos I shot at the Aug 29th 2010 rock concert, the 2010 Kihncert at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA. These are photos of Greg Kihn and his son, Ry Kihn. I used an Olympus Pen E-PL1 and the Panasonic Lumix 45-200mm F4.0-5.6 MEGA OIX Lumix G VARIO zoom lens. Used Program Mode aperture was 4.0 1/60th of a second at ISO 800. No post processing done on the JPEG file. Shot at about 7:40 PM existing light (Northern California Sun was incredibly bright that evening). I was very pleased with the results.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    His kid looks almost just like he did 30 years ago. I dug the Greg Kihn band back in the late '70s and I guess they even sort of made it a little bigger in the early '80s? Glad to know he's still kicking! Nice shots too. I keep that 45-200 around for stuff like that, even though I rarely use it day to day since I got the 14-150.

-Ray

3. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    He's a DJ in the bay area, so I hear him all the time, but I haven't seen him in concert in AGES. So near and yet so far, I'm going to have to pay more attention to his gigs.

4. mrgondo

mrgondo New to Mu-43

Sep 29, 2010
    Greg Kihn & Ry kihn

Thank you for the very interesting observations and comments about Greg and Ry. Greg is indeed an integral part of my morning commute and hundreds of thousands of other Bay area residents that make the morning commute. He has quite a following on KFOX (San Jose FM Rock Station) and is really tuned in to his listeners (Apologies for the bad pun) It's hard to believe that he's a grandfather and continues to perform live at benefit and charity events. He also does a lot of pro bono work for Operation Care and Comfort (The San Jose Red Cross) organization that supports our military troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Greg is one of the humblest and hardest working DJs I've had the pleasure of meeting.