1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Photomatix for Linux !!

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by prophet, Apr 11, 2015.

1. prophet

prophet Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    HDRsoft is working on a Linux version of Photomatix. I currently have a beta version here, which runs great on my Debian system!

Just wanted to pass the news that there is something in the making which looks very promising, and maybe encourage other Linux users to give feedback to HDRsoft that there is a market and a need for a Linux version.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I hope it works better than the Windows version. I have Photomatix Pro 4.2 and have never managed to get it to produce anything that I'd wish to show anyone. It might just be me, but I expected it to be straight forward to use and produce pleasing results with minimal effort. For me, it's been a bunch of nopes.

3. prophet

prophet Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
  4. alexcox

alexcox Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 31, 2014
    Oregon
    Alex Cox
    I have Photomatix Pro on my mac and Photomatix Linux Beta on my Mint boxes. They are both great! OzRay should give it another try. It is great HDR software for combining multiple exposures, and it also "develops" Olympus and Panasonic RAW files, which Photoshop and Camera RAW do not. Another great aspect of Photomatix is that it doesn't apply software lens adjustments, so with some lenses you may find extra information (i.e. a wider field of view!) on the edges of the frame.